FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i have a free screening next wed. I'll report back

I know i say that all the time but this one i'm actually going to

calh45

Cal
Daps
One trailer made it seem like a drama and another trailer made it seem like an action flick.

I thought it was a kids' film until I saw the latest trailer. I wasn't gonna go see a reboot of short circuit. Johnny 5 annoyed the hell out of me when I was a kid. If it's an action flick it's got a shot though.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
worried that there's no reviews yet but i'm seeing the free screening tonight

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
IGN video review:

District 9 director Neill Blomkamp takes on robo-cops in this sci-fi flick starring Hugh Jackman, Sigourney Weaver, Dev Patel, and Sharlto Copley.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Am I the only one who thought district 9 was just aight?

Nah, I thought that movie was barely okay and thought it was ludicrous how bad people hyped up that movie as well as Blomkamp. Then Elysium dropped and was an even worse mediocre ass bore and now Chappie's looking to be just as uneventful and void of personality.

And now they handed this guy the next Alien movie because people got hype over him having some guy draw up some DeviantArt fan fiction bullshyt. :mjlol:

If that's all it takes to make a movie these days then I might just go and hire someone to draw me a bearded Ash Ketchum with an electricity powered robot-arm. :troll:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Man, the critics are killing the movie

You'll be told repeatedly in whispers and shouts, that Chappie has feelings. It's too bad that neither the philosophy nor the pyrotechnics on-screen in "Chappie" can distract you from your own sinking feeling that you've seen almost all of this before.

After the surprise and promise of District 9, this represents a further downward step for director Neill Blomkamp in the wake of the highly uneven Elysium.

A robot-themed action movie that winds up feeling as clunky and confused as the childlike droid with which it shares its name.

Excruciating...They gave the "Alien" franchise to this guy?

38% on RT right now

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Nah, I thought that movie was barely okay and thought it was ludicrous how bad people hyped up that movie as well as Blomkamp. Then Elysium dropped and was an even worse mediocre ass bore and now Chappie's looking to be just as uneventful and void of personality.

And now they handed this guy the next Alien movie because people got hype over him having some guy draw up some DeviantArt fan fiction bullshyt. :mjlol:

If that's all it takes to make a movie these days then I might just go and hire someone to draw me a bearded Ash Ketchum with an electricity powered robot-arm. :troll:

:damn::damn::damn:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
dude is making crazy looking movies in Africa. he's African, and he's due for his big blockbuster. makes perfect sense to me

Call me paranoid, but the way he portrayed the non-white characters in district 9 (the Nigerians for example) and Elysium, I'd rather he doesn't direct the BP film.