NBA player Michael Porter Jr. says pray, don't hate, the police officer that killed George Floyd

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
again, you keep deflecting because you can't come back with anything. all words are only words and are not always a negative-indicator of intelligence just because you say so. I have a vast vocabulary in general. Judging from your posts, you're not even able to respond to me on a serious level. I had you on ignore before, so I guess I gotta put you back on there.

I didn't read anything in your post after 'fakkit'. And I didn't read anything after this one after 'deflecting'. I ain't arguing with you.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Lay out your innovative plans for effective action. You seem to be well versed in this area.
I ain't gonna put out too much energy in this thread cause fools not even talking serious. But one of many potential ideas would be defunding police departments. We need to hit PDs like Ferguson where the police are constantly targeting the Black population for harassment, fines, etc. and making significant city revenue off of them.

You'd need everyone to be organized and well-trained, because 1) it would only work if people were together and 2) there would be a lot of conflicts with police and you'd have to have everyone practicing extreme discipline and with solidarity together and video so no tragedies would occur. But the idea would be to stop paying all fines. Full stop. Ferguson was a little town and they were pulling in millions off of fining Black folk, it was a big portion of the city budget. So just stop. Refuse to pay the fines until certain demands were met - an end to unconstitutional stops, an end to racial profiling, an end to petty fines, an end to jail time and extra fines for folk too poor to afford to pay their fines, replacing the entire authority structure of the PD, far stricter hiring standards, far more extensive training, hiring more officers from the community and surrounding area, and a community policing model (those are just ideas, the people of Ferguson would be the ones themselves to build their list of demands).

The community and those from outside who support the community would have to stay in solidarity so there would be unity. If anyone is thrown in jail for nonpayment of fines or other retaliation, their family needs to be supported for the duration. We have the resources, it would easily be possible. We'd need to make sure all their legal fees are covered (but ONLY legal fees, nothing the courts/city/police can get their hands on). We'd need to use community solidarity to make sure that none of the economic pressure we're applying to them can be placed back on us.

The city couldn't live without their police revenue forever. And they couldn't just toss everyone in jail if everyone stopped paying, they wouldn't have nearly enough room. The Justice Department report on Ferguson's practices was already damning so residents would be starting on moral high ground from the beginning, and could use that as a way to broker national discussion and put the heat on ALL police departments that were acting in a similar manner.

If necessary, you would extend the economic boycott. Non-payment of city taxes. Full boycott of all businesses connected to city officials and/or powerful White people who refused to support the boycotts. Expand the net until they can't stand to take it anymore.

Like I said, that's just one idea, one model. But if there was solidarity I have no doubt it would be effective. It worked in the CRM and the Southern White people then were far more unified and emotionally committed to segregation in that era, and they STILL couldn't stand against People Power and righteousness. In this era they'd fold like paper against any unified, sustained movement.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Christianity is for the mentally ill...
Nah nikka this is Jihad.

God is never happy with innocent blood shed.

“Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭6:7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“Now Cain talked with Abel his brother; and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother and killed him. Then the LORD said to Cain, “Where is Abel your brother?” He said, “I do not know. Am I my brother’s keeper?” And He said, “What have you done? The voice of your brother’s blood cries out to Me from the ground. So now you are cursed from the earth, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭4:8-11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you, and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed.”
‭‭II Thessalonians‬ ‭1:6-10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭6:9-11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Last edited: