NBA Opening night 2024 Ring Ceremony, Banner Raising night, Knicks vs Celtics.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No one is saying they snuck in.
Theyve been projected to win the chip for the last few seasons.

And when ur such a great team, u don't get the "theyve been 1 win away from making the finals" type pass.

The year before that one win was them getting their ass stomped out and they luckily made it to a game 7 only to get fcked up.

The year they made it to the finals, they were a shot away from being sent home.
They are not who people think they are, and they constantly show it.
If they was, they would have been a dynasty by now.

I got fav teams but I mostly gamble. And I know the game.

The Celtics want to play like the prime golden state warriors but the golden state warriors had 2 of the best shooters that ever touched a basketball.
And they still are a team that lost being up 3-1 because of the way they play.

It's all good when all then 3s are going in.

Nobody’s saying they should be given a pass, I’m saying in no planet is it mediocre to have a 3 year stretch where with 3 ECFs, 2 Finals and 1 championship. If that is mediocre then I’d love to know what you label the 76ers as

They literally had one year where they were the title favorites and didn’t win and that was 2023.

In 2022 the Nets were the title favorites to open the season, the Suns were the favorites at the start of the playoffs and the Warriors were favored at the start of the Finals.

They won games all regular season and playoffs when their 3-pt shot wasn’t falling, this ain’t the same team that lost to Golden State and that’s what you’re having a hard time coming to terms with

Nah .. I'm watching y'all blow each other in a circle jerk. Smh

U said they proved it in the playoffs, like my whole argument aint about them not playing anybody in the playoffs
:snoop:

I hope you had that same energy towards Denver last year when they won a title while facing 3 play in teams, no team that won more than 45 games and no top 3 seed…

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Nobody’s saying they should be given a pass, I’m saying in no planet is it mediocre to have a 3 year stretch where with 3 ECFs, 2 Finals and 1 championship. If that is mediocre then I’d love to know what you label the 76ers as

They literally had one year where they were the title favorites and didn’t win and that was 2023.

In 2022 the Nets were the title favorites to open the season, the Suns were the favorites at the start of the playoffs and the Warriors were favored at the start of the Finals.

They won games all regular season and playoffs when their 3-pt shot wasn’t falling, this ain’t the same team that lost to Golden State and that’s what you’re having a hard time coming to terms with

I hope you had that same energy towards Denver last year when they won a title while facing 3 play in teams, no team that won more than 45 games and no top 3 seed…

By ur first paragraph logic..are the Miami heat a great team. On the same level as the Celtics?

And to ur bolded.... Now ur feeling me.
Yes, and I called them frauds with a fat leader and they gonna be done.

They are so overated to me I picked them to lose to Lakers first round. Actually to get swept

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
By ur first paragraph logic..are the Miami heat a great team. On the same level as the Celtics?

And to ur bolded.... Now ur feeling me.
Yes, and I called them frauds with a fat leader and they gonna be done.

They are so overated to me I picked them to lose to Lakers first round. Actually to get swept

Prior to last season, yes but the Celtics have lapped them. The Celtics reached a level of play that the Heat haven’t.

The Heat (with the Jimmy/Bam/Herro/etc core) have never had a dominant regular season and while they’ve had great playoff runs they’ve never come close to winning a title, they looked completely outclassed in both Finals appearances.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Prior to last season, yes but the Celtics have lapped them. The Celtics reached a level of play that the Heat haven’t.

The Heat (with the Jimmy/Bam/Herro/etc core) have never had a dominant regular season and while they’ve had great playoff runs they’ve never come close to winning a title, they looked completely outclassed in both Finals appearances.
What does the regular season have to do with anything tho if in the playoffs they are beating the team u say is a great team.
This is the conversation that needs to be had. Cause this is my gripe with the media and the fans.
Y'all love the sexy teams. And y'all ride that until they lose. And hope we forget that the sexy team got they sht kicked in.

People like to make a narrative that the Celtics went to a game 7 with the heat a year ago.
No, they got their sht kicked in and managed to survive long enough, just to die in a game 7

I could say the Celtics weren't close to winning a title until last year when they played unhealthy teams.
How have this "new Celtic" team lapped the heat when they haven't faced them full strength in the playoffs.
Because again, every year the Celtics are better than them

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What does the regular season have to do with anything tho if in the playoffs they are beating the team u say is a great team.
This is the conversation that needs to be had. Cause this is my gripe with the media and the fans.
Y'all love the sexy teams. And y'all ride that until they lose. And hope we forget that the sexy team got they sht kicked in.

I could say the Celtics weren't close until they beat unhealthy teams to get to the finals.

How have this "new Celtic" team lapped the heat when they haven't faced them full strength in the playoffs.
Because again, every year the Celtics are better than them

I’m saying whether they’re playing the Celtics or not, I don’t think the Heat have ever played at a level higher than the Celtics did last season or look to be this season.

And that’s fine, that can be your gripe. If you feel like you need to see the Celtics beat a full strength Heat or Knicks team or whoever to think they’re worthy of being champions, then cool that’s your prerogative.

My gripe is people that are critiquing the 2024-25 Celtics based on what the 2021-22 Celtics did. This is not the same team. And that’s why y’all were so wrong predicting the Finals and instead of owning that are using all types of mental gymnastics to rationalize it :manny:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GaiAF2fbwAAAEw_

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
No one is saying they snuck in.
Theyve been projected to win the chip for the last few seasons.

And when ur such a great team, u don't get the "theyve been 1 win away from making the finals" type pass.

The year before that one win was them getting their ass stomped out and they luckily made it to a game 7 only to get fcked up.

They win that game 7 if Tatum doesn't get hurt.

im not you

All Star
Daps
they already complaining on twitter about celts taking 61 3s :pachaha:

teams better figure out quick or itll be a long season waiting for the inevitable repeat

mag357

Superstar
Daps
They win that game 7 if Tatum doesn't get hurt.

I know this is the narrative that they was able to create because they were able to dragged their beaten up, bloated and bloodied body to that game 7.
Which takes away from the truth.
The Celtics were down 9 going into the second half of potentially being swept by the heat in game 4
:russ: like real sht.

Like we both have to laugh at that.
Tatums ankles was cool all them other 3 and a half games of ass whoopings tho

Then my favorite Celtic, Derick white, saved them wit a tip in game 6 to keep them on life support.
Before being put out of their misery on their home floor.
At no point in that series did they look like a better team than the heat with 2 good Tatum ankles

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps

I know this is the narrative that they was able to create because they were able to dragged their beaten up, bloated and bloodied body to that game 7.
Which takes away from the truth.
The Celtics were down 9 going into the second half of potentially being swept by the heat in game 4
:russ: like real sht.

Like we both have to laugh at that.
Tatums ankles was cool all them other 3 and a half games of ass whoopings tho

Then my favorite Celtic, Derick white, saved them wit a tip in game 6 to keep them on life support.
Before being put out of their misery on their home floor.
At no point in that series did they look like a better team than the heat with 2 good Tatum ankles
Man stfu :childplease:,the weak ass heat weren’t beating the Celtics last season.contration weirdo

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Man stfu :childplease:,the weak ass heat weren’t beating the Celtics last season.contration weirdo

It's historical facts.
The heat stuck their foot up their ass.
When nikkaz who don't know the game talking about the Celtics were great and was doubling down

U talking bout some sht that didn't happen.
Like a groupie