NBA Opening night 2024 Ring Ceremony, Banner Raising night, Knicks vs Celtics.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No hate at all.
But it's just like any sport. The road to a championship is a war of attrition.

I've watched this Celtics get hype every year and the end up looking mediocre.
The time they finally get a chip they didn't play anybody.
But y'all can't be objective and see that.
U think the sht is a coincidence

The Celtics were one win away from making the Finals each of the last 3 seasons, in what world is that mediocre. There’s at least 27 other teams that would gladly swap their last 3 years with the Celtics

And no, I think the logic of “They didn’t get it done in 2022 and 2023 so therefore 2024 has to be a fluke” is just lazy as hell. It’s a different year and a different team. Did the Celtics benefit from some luck along the way? Of course, but so does basically every championship team.

They were the best team in the league all season long. Its not like they were an 8 seed that barely snuck into the playoffs

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
No hate at all.
But it's just like any sport. The road to a championship is a war of attrition.

I've watched this Celtics get hype every year and the end up looking mediocre.
The time they finally get a chip they didn't play anybody.
But y'all can't be objective and see that.
U think the sht is a coincidence
lol the Celtics offensively and defensively last season were historically great.

I’m talking 1986 Celtics great. That’s from stats and eye test. Their team as is, is dominant.

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
No...
If u make it to the fckin finals then that means ur offense and defense is fine.
They beat other teams that people thought they would lose to.

And I'm sure most people thought the champ would come from the west.
But when u have to play against a team that walked to the finals, ur going to look bad and lose.

The reason why rings and trophies are important is because of the hard road to get 1.
Not just having it.

Their defense wasn't "fine"

Clippers best two guys were the biggest playoff chokers in history and flamed out like we all knew they would.

OKC and MIN best players are young with little to no big game experience. Ant Edwards shytting the bed had nothing to do with a defensive scheme.

The Mavs two best players are the worst defenders on the team and it bit em in the ass.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Their defense wasn't "fine"

Clippers best two guys were the biggest playoff chokers in history and flamed out like we all knew they would.

OKC and MIN best players are young with little to no big game experience. Ant Edwards shytting the bed had nothing to do with a defensive scheme.

The Mavs two best players are the worst defenders on the team and it bit em in the ass.

Ok. The Celtics had a cake walk even in the finals.

Thanx

mag357

Superstar
Daps
lol the Celtics offensively and defensively last season were historically great.

I’m talking 1986 Celtics great. That’s from stats and eye test. Their team as is, is dominant.
None of that sht matters in the playoffs tho bro.
Ur not playing the best teams every night in the regular season.

Whether it was historically great or not, every season before that people had the Celtics dix in their mouths. Until they lost and put the dix right back in once preseason starts.

Wash rinse repeat

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
None of that sht matters in the playoffs tho bro.
Ur not playing the best teams every night in the regular season.

Whether it was historically great or not, every season before that people had the Celtics dix in their mouths. Until they lost and put the dix right back in once preseason starts.

Wash rinse repeat
It was clearly proven in the playoffs lol.

The numbers back it up.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
The Celtics were one win away from making the Finals each of the last 3 seasons, in what world is that mediocre. There’s at least 27 other teams that would gladly swap their last 3 years with the Celtics

And no, I think the logic of “They didn’t get it done in 2022 and 2023 so therefore 2024 has to be a fluke” is just lazy as hell. It’s a different year and a different team. Did the Celtics benefit from some luck along the way? Of course, but so does basically every championship team.

They were the best team in the league all season long. Its not like they were an 8 seed that barely snuck into the playoffs

No one is saying they snuck in.
Theyve been projected to win the chip for the last few seasons.

And when ur such a great team, u don't get the "theyve been 1 win away from making the finals" type pass.

The year before that one win was them getting their ass stomped out and they luckily made it to a game 7 only to get fcked up.

The year they made it to the finals, they were a shot away from being sent home.
They are not who people think they are, and they constantly show it.
If they was, they would have been a dynasty by now.

I got fav teams but I mostly gamble. And I know the game.

The Celtics want to play like the prime golden state warriors but the golden state warriors had 2 of the best shooters that ever touched a basketball.
And they still are a team that lost being up 3-1 because of the way they play.

It's all good when all then 3s are going in.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
We're all just watching you blow into a paper bag at this point breh
Nah .. I'm watching y'all blow each other in a circle jerk. Smh

U said they proved it in the playoffs, like my whole argument aint about them not playing anybody in the playoffs
:snoop: