NBA Needs to Move the Pistons out of Detroit

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
Give people more respect.. they drove 45 minutes to Auburn Hills for a respected product..just cause it's downtown Detroit doesn't mean you give your money away for something that's closer but still not worth your funds...

No they didn't. They drove 20-30 minutes to the palace from the suburb they already lived in. Suburban white people ( the older season ticket holders) are not driving to Detroit for a shytty Piston team. The blacks in the city are not paying bend me over prices for these games either.

When I was and went to Jay-z it was sold out and them thangs were going for $250 on StubHub and it was raining while being cold as fukk.

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
The Baltimorewashington bullets/wizards have been the most irrelevant team to ever win a championship in the nba. 79, mightve been 78. How many posters on here can name a player from that team, much less who they beat. Took em 25 years to get a consistent playoff team in the modern era, and gil never did shyt but lose in the first round to lebron. How many second round appearences does your team have since 79@stickupkid? john wall has 2, and he got outplayed by a toothless midget. might get the 4 5 spot this year. wow

we have 3 championships and our teams are legendary. we'll figure this out. @stickupkid your just jealous which is why you keep spamming the board with this opinion. You've never seen your team good. just mediocre. Lets compare franchises and see who needs to kicked out the league.

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
They’re trash. No one is gonna drive downtown,pay for parking, walk in the fukking cold to watch trash. Hot and readys are $15 in there. I’m not fukking with them clowns.Maybe we would come out if SVG drafted somebody exciting to watch like Donovan Mitchell and not Luke fukking Kennard:scust:
:huhldup:

DaRock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No they didn't. They drove 20-30 minutes to the palace from the suburb they already lived in. Suburban white people ( the older season ticket holders) are not driving to Detroit for a shytty Piston team. The blacks in the city are not paying bend me over prices for these games either.

When I was and went to Jay-z it was sold out and them thangs were going for $250 on StubHub and it was raining while being cold as fukk.

30 minutes or 45 minutes(depending on traffic) still the same point..blacks in the city or white suburban...point is neither are paying to see a shytty product which is what both of us are saying...when Rip, Big Ben, Big Shot, etc was here they had over 200 straight sellouts.. .and that was both the city and subs....and comparing a one time concert to a 41 game schedule is :what::mjlol::heh:.......

Just like the Golden State tickets will be the same as the Nets or Magic tickets....:comeon:

Last edited:

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Leasy, post: 28117146, member: 4167"]These midwestern towns besides Chicago are garbage. Unless you have a diehard fan base no team will have full support out there unless it’s Hockey Baseball and Football.

The Midwest is like the south they don’t care.[/QUOTE]
all theses WOAT hall of shame muthafukkas breh

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Naw, there's something else going on.

Hell, even terrible teams like the Kings, Magic, Bulls etc draw 14-17k

Pistons have been embarrassing for 5-6 years now with attendance

Nah if the team was worth watching people would come. Blame Joe Dumars for killing Detroit basketball. The team is still stuck in a state of mediocrity, can't attract good FAs, and can't draft.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:picard: fukkin' Detroit can't get a solid 12-13k in the arena for an NBA game? I mean yeah it's the Jazz but at least it's not an act of absurd futility like supporting the Lions ...

Tickets high and people here ain’t trying to see a Andre Drummond led squad.

There's a bandwagon element to it...if they start winning consistently folks will buy tickets.

But it's deeper than that though. If you went to a game at the Palace it was 70-75% white folks. The thought was when you move back to city black folks would show up in a major way. The way the Pistons have been marketed since it was announced they'd return downtown has been directly to attract black folks. Every commercial and ad is almost completely comprised of shots with black fans and black people in the city.

For whatever reason they aren't coming to the games. You go to a barbershop or the gym and cats will talk about the Pistons all day but nobody is buying tickets.

I'd be very concerned if I was a part of the organization. It's a legitimate issue.

Have they made the playoffs since 2009 when they got swept by the cavaliers? I mean they haven’t been contenders since 2008 and don’t seem to have a player who could be the cornerstone of one since grant hill. Hard to get excited for a team that hasn’t won a playoff series since the old yankee stadium was still open :manny:. Get a core team that’s got a bright future and I’m sure the fans will come back through the gates.