NBA Live 20 delayed till the last quarter of 2019

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Wrong. I'm sorry but 2k doesn't have the same stroke as it did in the earlier installments of NBA2K. 2K started recycling the same shyt w/2k13 and since that time, the whole series has been around currency, all-time teams, & recycled gameplay mechanics. Game isn't worth $60+ but they stay eating off $80-100 collectors editions every year.

If EA is serious w/Live 20 and delayed it for good reasons and we get quality from it they can give 2k a run for it's money. I would sell the game for $40 at launch as a way to say sorry for the delay.
Uh.....no.....that's exactly it. You don't put a game like that damn near 2 months after the competition and expect to compete. Especially when the masses look at the 2K series as the gold standard. With discounts, Live will move copies, but they are not taking the crown this year. They were going to have a hard enough time doing that if they dropped it on time, let alone late.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
Uh.....no.....that's exactly it. You don't put a game like that damn near 2 months after the competition and expect to compete. Especially when the masses look at the 2K series as the gold standard. With discounts, Live will move copies, but they are not taking the crown this year. They were going to have a hard enough time doing that if they dropped it on time, let alone late.

I didn't say Live would take the crown this year I said at least compete w/2K. Two different things... Also, how do you know if 2k sales won't take a slide or hit this year. You said the "masses" look at 2K as the standard there are plenty of people that might not see it that way.

My opinion alone, 2k ain't what it used to be and it sure ain't worth $60+ and a day one buy.

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
I didn't say Live would take the crown this year I said at least compete w/2K. Two different things... Also, how do you know if 2k sales won't take a slide or hit this year. You said the "masses" look at 2K as the standard there are plenty of people that might not see it that way.

My opinion alone, 2k ain't what it used to be and it sure ain't worth $60+ and a day one buy.

stop lying to yourself

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO

2k outsells Live like 20-1:mjlol:

EA need to let it go

Last time EA did this they delayed Live 17 then went on and canceled the game.

Last edited:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Never forget the GOAT glitch

:wow:

Bruh this shyt is classic! :laff: I’ll never forget when it first dropped. killed the entire series..hasn’t been able to recover since. Crazy thing is they had a winning format in Live 10 which was well received they just decided to try and do too much.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Bruh, the last game sold 9 million copies. Plenty of people see it that way. Which is the point. And most sales for games in general are made in the first few weeks. That's even more critical for yearly releases such as these. EA will have to hope people such as myself, don't care for the 2K series, and are willing to wait for it. The last 2 Lives games have been solid, but not enough to where I see people saying "fukk 2K, let's wait for this Live". ESPECIALLY after one of the biggest and most interesting free agent periods in the history of the league. People are gonna be chomping at the bit to get the new game. So a delay isn't good for a game that has already been playing catch up.

Never forget the GOAT glitch

:wow:
Bruh, I lost it when KG was shooting the free throw and you could still Bynum in the back. :mjlol:

Last edited:

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is from the beginning of the month:

Polygon noted that EA released a financial report on Tuesday listing the basketball game in the third fiscal quarter of 2019, which means it'll be released between October 1st and December 31st. The game was initially expected to hit stores in September, during the same week as last year's Live 19.

The publisher said that changes are in store for NBA Live, hence the reason for the delay. "We're planning a different approach to NBA Live this year, and will have more to share in the quarter ahead," an EA representative told Polygon. An EA executive on the company's earning's call confirmed that it's still "excited" to bring NBA Live 20 to market soon.

I'm kind of curious as to what the "difference approach" is. It's most likely "let's wait and see what the people hate about 2K then we do the exact opposite"

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So no release date, just some hey it’s coming in the future? At least we know it’s not getting thrown in the trash