NBA Live 20 delayed till the last quarter of 2019

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Interested in what they're bringing to the table. They have a decent foundation. If they are turning it into a GaaS then the One Mode better be this huge interactive mode with mmo and rpg elements. Mtx probably on the way.:francis:

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
They need to bring back MVP Baseball.
mvp2004_guide.jpg

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I wonder if that new 2k deal with the NBA is responsible? May have priced EA sports out.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I racked up a bunch of hours on Live 19. My main problem with the game though was that from 18 to 19 there were very few improvements. And then on top of that, the face creation tool actually got worse. It's a shame they can't get their shyt together. NBA 2K had the better gameplay for the 2018-19 games, but I felt like overall Live was the better game. fukk all that VC shyt with 2K. But with this announcement, they are conceding the year to 2K. Hopefully they have really overhauled the engine or something which caused them a delay. If the game is absolute fire when it does come out, then I'll still rock with it. But I can't say the same for the rest of the sports gaming community.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
I racked up a bunch of hours on Live 19. My main problem with the game though was that from 18 to 19 there were very few improvements. And then on top of that, the face creation tool actually got worse. It's a shame they can't get their shyt together. NBA 2K had the better gameplay for the 2018-19 games, but I felt like overall Live was the better game. fukk all that VC shyt with 2K. But with this announcement, they are conceding the year to 2K. Hopefully they have really overhauled the engine or something which caused them a delay. If the game is absolute fire when it does come out, then I'll still rock with it. But I can't say the same for the rest of the sports gaming community.

Wrong. I'm sorry but 2k doesn't have the same stroke as it did in the earlier installments of NBA2K. 2K started recycling the same shyt w/2k13 and since that time, the whole series has been around currency, all-time teams, & recycled gameplay mechanics. Game isn't worth $60+ but they stay eating off $80-100 collectors editions every year.

If EA is serious w/Live 20 and delayed it for good reasons and we get quality from it they can give 2k a run for it's money. I would sell the game for $40 at launch as a way to say sorry for the delay.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Wrong. I'm sorry but 2k doesn't have the same stroke as it did in the earlier installments of NBA2K. 2K started recycling the same shyt w/2k13 and since that time, the whole series has been around currency, all-time teams, & recycled gameplay mechanics. Game isn't worth $60+ but they stay eating off $80-100 collectors editions every year.

If EA is serious w/Live 20 and delayed it for good reasons and we get quality from it they can give 2k a run for it's money. I would sell the game for $40 at launch as a way to say sorry for the delay.

EA is not serious and they delayed it because the numbers aren't justifying putting out a title from year to year. Even with microtransactions, 2K has not given the shaft to offline players by removing content or improving the gameplay.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
EA is not serious and they delayed it because the numbers aren't justifying putting out a title from year to year. Even with microtransactions, 2K has not given the shaft to offline players by removing content or improving the gameplay.

They believe in the game it’s just that the shyt gotta get better. They just put two studios on the game according to earlier reports this year. One studio in London and the other in Canada. With that in mind, they are probably waiting until next gen with a new engine

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
They believe in the game it’s just that the shyt gotta get better. They just put two studios on the game according to earlier reports this year. One studio in London and the other in Canada. With that in mind, they are probably waiting until next gen with a new engine

I don't think so. I read a few articles that already said that next gen isn't coming out next year. Live is delayed until the end of the year.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the last time I bought Live was 08. that was the 2nd year for me playing 2k and that year I purchased both to compare them head to head. I ended up getting rid of Live and was 2k ever since. havent played 2k in 3 years now though and had no idea people were still fukking with Live. after all the years of subpar Madden and EA locking everyone out of NFL market (2k All Pro Football was better) and inconsistency of College Basketball games, people shouldnt talk shyt about 2k.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Just do NBA Street or NBA Jam. They will never come close to competing with 2k again no matter how trash some might think 2k is. Live has been like four dollars by Black Friday the past few years.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Those all time and classic teams are dope as hell bruh.

I play regular games vs computer just to play with some of the old players & teams