Votes: 69 66.3%

• Total voters

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
There is literally zero evidence that Lebron acts as the GM of his teams.
This is a narrative that continues to persist through his detractors. And it has always been conveniently dropped when Lebron has won.

Do you really think that Westbrook deal happens without Bron's input and say-so? Serious question.

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
There is literally zero evidence that Lebron acts as the GM of his teams.
This is a narrative that continues to persist through his detractors. And it has always been conveniently dropped when Lebron has won.
:mjlol:
How many times have we seen this same story with teams that feature LeBron?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you really think that Westbrook deal happens without Bron's input and say-so? Serious question.
Any star player is going to have input on certain decisions.

Understand, however, that input is not the same thing as being the final decision maker.

I don't think Lebron has any more power over the roster than any other star athlete in sports. Yet people don't ever hang that blame/narrative on other athletes, do they?
I find that quite telling.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

Understand, however, that input is not the same thing as being the final decision maker.

I don't think Lebron has any more power over the roster than any other star athlete in sports. Yet people don't ever hang that blame/narrative on other athletes, do they?

That Russ deal doesn't happen if Bron says no to it and you'd be lying if you sat here and said otherwise. As I've said before, the Russ deal wasn't even that bad in the grand scheme of things, but more so what they gave up to get him that was the problem.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That Russ deal doesn't happen if Bron says no to it and you'd be lying if you sat here and said otherwise. As I've said before, the Russ deal wasn't even that bad in the grand scheme of things, but more so what they gave up to get him that was the problem.
I don't think Antonio Brown goes to the Bucs if Tom Brady says No to it.
I don't think Rodman goes to the Bulls if Jordan says No to it.
I don't think Gasol goes to the Lakers if Kobe says No to it.

And so on...

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I don't think Antonio Brown goes to the Bucs if Tom Brady says No to it.
I don't think Rodman goes to the Bulls if Jordan says No to it.
I don't think Gasol goes to the Lakers if Kobe says No to it.

And so on...

Those situations don’t have shot to do with the topic at hand, so stick to the subject.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Those situations don’t have shot to do with the topic at hand, so stick to the subject.
Well the topic we're discussing is this narrative that any and all decisions go through a star player.

And I listed a couple of situations where other star players almost certainly had input on personnel. But somehow those other star athletes are absolved of the burden of being responsible for it.

So yeah, I think it has a lot to do with the topic at hand.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Well the topic we're discussing is this narrative that any and all decisions go through a star player.

And I listed a couple of situations where other star players almost certainly had input on personnel. But somehow those other star athletes are absolved of the burden of being responsible for it.

So yeah, I think it has a lot to do with the topic at hand.

Brady and the Bucaneers got shyt for the AB situation and rightfully so as they should have never signed him and should have cut him after the vaxx situation. The fact that people were clowning AB more doesn't change that fact.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Being the coach of Bron led team is one of the most thankless jobs in pro sports...he got zero credit for that chip and is taking all the heat from trying to win with this dumpster fire of a roster ...could you put money on him getting fired in the off-season? Cause that was easy money the moment they traded all their defensive role players for rockhead :mjlol:

Fire him, don't fire him...won't make a difference

Ty Lue disagrees

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brady and the Bucaneers got shyt for the AB situation and rightfully so as they should have never signed him and should have cut him after the vaxx situation. The fact that people were clowning AB more doesn't change that fact.
I think if a player that Lebron lobbied for caused a situation like Antonio Brown did in Tampa, I'm fairly certain the fall out for Lebron would have been far greater than anything you've read or heard about Tom Brady.

We'll just disagree on that, I guess.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I think if a player that Lebron lobbied for caused a situation like Antonio Brown did in Tampa, I'm fairly certain the fall out for Lebron would have been far greater than anything you've read or heard about Tom Brady.

We'll just disagree on that, I guess.

The NBA tends to get more scrutiny than the NFL for obvious reasons and you know exactly why.

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes

What are you talking about? Lebron is the first and only star player in NBA history to have input on roster moves. And the only player to ever have the power to get a coach fired. Remember when the Lakers fired Mike Brown a month into the 2012 season? That was Lebron's fault:ufdup: