Navy SEAL Fitness Test

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I know a lot of marines that are out of shape bum ass nikkas. I don't believe this test is real because marines are supposed to go through similar regimens, and a lot of those nikkas are :flabbynsick:

This is jus hype to make people want to enroll.

Not when they deploy.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not to be on my hypermasculine steeze or anything, what's that say about a man who can't

do 40 push-ups in 2 minutes

and run a mile and a half in 12 minutes...

I feel you, but I used to think marines were supposed to be diesel, but a lot of those dudes are :flabbynsick: so it's hard for me to take seriously. I can do 100 push-ups in 3 minutes and I can run a mile in under 6. But most miggas ain't built like that, including the ones who are supposed to.

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
I feel you, but I used to think marines were supposed to be diesel, but a lot of those dudes are :flabbynsick: so it's hard for me to take seriously. I can do 100 push-ups in 3 minutes and I can run a mile in under 6. But most miggas ain't built like that, including the ones who are supposed to.

Not to diss Marines but among all branches they have the best PR. Their commercials alone are excellent and their dress uniforms are :wow:. With that said you are a Marine first, so think about that. Unlike other branches they go by being a Marine first whereas to civilians, Soldier is used for the remaining branches.

When you think of Marines you have this picture of their tag-line, "first boots on the ground". Well they are just like every other force. They have cooks, supply, communications, etc who will never see a day of combat but all you know is they are Marines.

100 Pushups in 3 minutes is not impressive and a sub 6 minute mile isn't either. Maybe for civilians, but stop looking at the averages of these tests. The minimum on these tests are just for you to sign up. You have a physical fitness card. Along with everything else you will submit that card. It should have the minimum of the qualifying scores. From my experience anyone getting the minimum will be out of a training event by day 2. Look at the Maximum for physical events when looking at the military.

Your sub 6 minute mile would be a generous 21:30 for the 3 mile event for the Marines. Yes you would pass, but the max is sub 18 minutes. I doubt anyone on this website could except:youngsabo:

Now look at the pull-up event. 20 dead-hang pull-ups. Not that cross-fit swinging non-sense.

Then 100 crunches in two minutes. The max score for the Marine and Army test is 300.

Army test is a 2 mile in under 13 minutes which is :yawn:

80 pushups in 2 minutes and 80 situps in 2 minutes. I am off give or take because it varies by age. This is just what you should shooting for. Again this is just a physical fitness test. This doesn't mean you will become combat effective from this one test but it does mean you should be able to handle the physicality of battle.

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
Co-sign. Outside of the swimming, that ain't shyt. I could do all of that after a hard night of drinking.

Of course, everything changes when you put them in order, after a 500 yard swim. :unsure:

Again you guys are downplaying the event. Yes you could do it but could you max it?

The minimum is for the guys who get off the bus and piss their pants after holding their bags up for ten minutes. And being a grown man and not being able to swim is pathetic. The water is the great equalizer, much like heights. I'm laughing that you guys are saying

Outside of the swimming, that ain't shyt.

:laff:

What kind of logic is this?

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again you guys are downplaying the event. Yes you could do it but could you max it?

The minimum is for the guys who get off the bus and piss their pants after holding their bags up for ten minutes. And being a grown man and not being able to swim is pathetic. The water is the great equalizer, much like heights. I'm laughing that you guys are saying

:laff:

What kind of logic is this?

Logic? It's the truth. Any one of us could do that number of pushups without breaking a sweat. Like another poster said, it's probably to increase their recruiting numbers.

Could I max it? Without training, right now this very second, I could max the pushups and pullups. Probably not the situps, and my cardio game is lacking so the running would be a problem.

Of course, you're completely ignoring the 2nd half of my original post...

Of course, everything changes when you put them in order, after a 500 yard swim. :unsure:

...in order to make a "rah rah" point. Understandable, if not intellectually honest.

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
Logic? It's the truth. Any one of us could do that number of pushups without breaking a sweat. Like another poster said, it's probably to increase their recruiting numbers.

Could I max it? Without training, right now this very second, I could max the pushups and pullups. Probably not the situps, and my cardio game is lacking so the running would be a problem.

Of course, you're completely ignoring the 2nd half of my original post...

...in order to make a "rah rah" point. Understandable, if not intellectually honest.

I got it. I did miss a couple of sentences :skip:. Pushups and pullups are pretty easy. People usually suck at situps and cardio. That's the great equalizer. You will see the biggest of guys run a 16 minute 2 mile :upsetfavre:. They can bench for days though but they are ignoring a critical part of physical fitness.

Try the test though and score yourself.

U.S. Army Physical Fitness Chart - Males (Ages 22-26)

Army 22-26 age bracket

U.S. Army Physical Fitness Chart - Males (Ages 27-31)

Army 27-31 age bracket

Marines

Marine Corps Physical Fitness Test Chart - Males

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got it. I did miss a couple of sentences :skip:. Pushups and pullups are pretty easy. People usually suck at situps and cardio. That's the great equalizer. You will see the biggest of guys run a 16 minute 2 mile :upsetfavre:. They can bench for days though but they are ignoring a critical part of physical fitness.

Try the test though and score yourself.

U.S. Army Physical Fitness Chart - Males (Ages 22-26)

Army 22-26 age bracket

U.S. Army Physical Fitness Chart - Males (Ages 27-31)

Army 27-31 age bracket

Marines

Marine Corps Physical Fitness Test Chart - Males

Breh I'm too old. I don't fall into any of those age brackets. :old:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Breh cardio is basically handled from lifting weights. Increasing lung capacity and endurance is what running/stair masters etc. Why do you feel beefed up after working a particular muscle? That's because your heart compensates for the extra need for oxygen and pumps harder to feed the muscle oxygen.

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
Breh cardio is basically handled from lifting weights. Increasing lung capacity and endurance is what running/stair masters etc. Why do you feel beefed up after working a particular muscle? That's because your heart compensates for the extra need for oxygen and pumps harder to feed the muscle oxygen.

Is this directed towards me? I'm not sure what you mean, but from my experience cardio is probably the most important thing when it comes to going for one of the elite units. You should be well balanced, but there are so many who are gym strong but cardio is non-existent.

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
This is Ranger School. I want you note what they say.

- Requiring 49 push-ups,
- 59 sit-ups,
- An individual 5-mile release run event finished in 40 minutes or less,
- Concluding 6 chin-ups.

Other physical requirements and tests:

- Combat water survival test
- Darby Mile Run event
- 5-mile runs
- Terrain runs with the Malvesti obstacle course
- 12-mile foot march
- Night and day land navigation tests

Advanced physical training assures physical and mental endurance and the stamina required for obtaining basic Ranger characteristics; commitment, confidence and physical and mental toughness. Additionally, the student executes demolitions training and airborne refresher training. Airborne Soldiers will exit from a high performance aircraft and conduct tactical assembly area procedures."

To be competitive in any of these physical tests, the future Ranger students must not strive for the minimum standards above, but must maximize their personal physical effort and strive for the following:

- Pushups - 80-100
- Situps - 80-100
- Chin ups - 15-20
- 2 mile run - under 13:00

However, the most important pre-training exercise to do prior to Ranger school is walking fast in your boots with 50 pounds of weight on your back. You will do this everyday you are at Ranger School. Running at least 5 miles, 3-4 times a week and swimming in uniform 2-3 times a week is recommended as well. Pack on 5-10 pounds of body weight prior to going so you have a little to lose when you are consuming fewer calories a day. (The most important part. This Navy Seal test is a singular test. It means nothing. It's just an event within multiple events doing this event by itself should be easy especially the minimum but moving 14 hour days with 50LBS on your back is when it gets tough. Those 5 miles run aren't cumulative. There's most likely multiple)

The second part of First Phase has obstacle courses and long ruck marches as a major part of the physical fitness requirements. However, the fundamentals of patrolling and small unit tactics are the focus of this part of the Benning Phase. These graded field exercises include ambush and reconnaissance patrols, close quarters combat, airborne operations, and air assault operations. The Ranger student must then demonstrate his expertise through a series of cadre and student-led tactical patrol operations.

Mountain Phase

The second phase, or Mountain phase lasts 20 days and nights and teaches students to operate in small units while sustaining themselves and their subordinates in the adverse conditions of the mountains. The rugged terrain, hunger, and sleep deprivation are the biggest causes of emotional stress that students encounter. Students will eat, sleep and operate in these conditions for 3 weeks, usually eating no more than 1-2 MREs a day (Meals Ready to Eat).

Florida Phase

The third phase, or Florida phase, teaches small boat operations, ship to shore operations, stream-crossing techniques, and skills needed to survive and operate in a jungle and swamp environment. This phase lasts 16 days and nights and tests the patrolling and leadership techniques of every Ranger.

Ranger School is a grueling school due to the long hours of walking with your gear, sleeping in the field and eating 1-2 meals less a day than normal. Many students lose 20-30 pounds in the 56 day school. But the school teaches the Ranger he can overcome insurmountable challenges while under simulated combat conditions. Ranger school has honed the professional skills and techniques necessary to conduct small unit operations. And of course, he can wear the well deserved Ranger Tab on his shoulder.

(Again maxing a singular event such as the PT test does not make you a Seal or even remotely mean you are Seal capable. It means you should theoretically be able to at least deal with the physical portions of the training. You add in mental stress, hunger and fatigue and I doubt any of you are a go)

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeh it's ridiculous. I know he could not step onto a military base with a Non-Commissioned Officer grading with correct form and do 80 pushups let alone in a minute. Straight :duck:

I just turned 32

I been boxing since the age of 9 bro.... That's 23 years

My pops walked me into a gym at that age and I've always been a member of one boxing club or another....

Even though I'm not carded anymore I still go between 3-5 times and I still spar regularly

I never ever took a drug in my life don't smoke don't drink soda

I been doing that shyt forever so don't question me just because your an unfit dumbass

If you understood how fit you have to be just to last a couple of rounds maybe you wouldn't be such an ignoramus

If you guys are talking weights, I can't bench for shyt as I've only ever done very light weights

Don't question me again fatso

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
This is Ranger School. I want you note what they say.

- Requiring 49 push-ups,
- 59 sit-ups,
- An individual 5-mile release run event finished in 40 minutes or less,
- Concluding 6 chin-ups.

Other physical requirements and tests:

- Combat water survival test
- Darby Mile Run event
- 5-mile runs
- Terrain runs with the Malvesti obstacle course
- 12-mile foot march
- Night and day land navigation tests

Advanced physical training assures physical and mental endurance and the stamina required for obtaining basic Ranger characteristics; commitment, confidence and physical and mental toughness. Additionally, the student executes demolitions training and airborne refresher training. Airborne Soldiers will exit from a high performance aircraft and conduct tactical assembly area procedures."

To be competitive in any of these physical tests, the future Ranger students must not strive for the minimum standards above, but must maximize their personal physical effort and strive for the following:

- Pushups - 80-100
- Situps - 80-100
- Chin ups - 15-20
- 2 mile run - under 13:00

However, the most important pre-training exercise to do prior to Ranger school is walking fast in your boots with 50 pounds of weight on your back. You will do this everyday you are at Ranger School. Running at least 5 miles, 3-4 times a week and swimming in uniform 2-3 times a week is recommended as well. Pack on 5-10 pounds of body weight prior to going so you have a little to lose when you are consuming fewer calories a day. (The most important part. This Navy Seal test is a singular test. It means nothing. It's just an event within multiple events doing this event by itself should be easy especially the minimum but moving 14 hour days with 50LBS on your back is when it gets tough. Those 5 miles run aren't cumulative. There's most likely multiple)

The second part of First Phase has obstacle courses and long ruck marches as a major part of the physical fitness requirements. However, the fundamentals of patrolling and small unit tactics are the focus of this part of the Benning Phase. These graded field exercises include ambush and reconnaissance patrols, close quarters combat, airborne operations, and air assault operations. The Ranger student must then demonstrate his expertise through a series of cadre and student-led tactical patrol operations.

Mountain Phase

The second phase, or Mountain phase lasts 20 days and nights and teaches students to operate in small units while sustaining themselves and their subordinates in the adverse conditions of the mountains. The rugged terrain, hunger, and sleep deprivation are the biggest causes of emotional stress that students encounter. Students will eat, sleep and operate in these conditions for 3 weeks, usually eating no more than 1-2 MREs a day (Meals Ready to Eat).

Florida Phase

The third phase, or Florida phase, teaches small boat operations, ship to shore operations, stream-crossing techniques, and skills needed to survive and operate in a jungle and swamp environment. This phase lasts 16 days and nights and tests the patrolling and leadership techniques of every Ranger.

Ranger School is a grueling school due to the long hours of walking with your gear, sleeping in the field and eating 1-2 meals less a day than normal. Many students lose 20-30 pounds in the 56 day school. But the school teaches the Ranger he can overcome insurmountable challenges while under simulated combat conditions. Ranger school has honed the professional skills and techniques necessary to conduct small unit operations. And of course, he can wear the well deserved Ranger Tab on his shoulder.

(Again maxing a singular event such as the PT test does not make you a Seal or even remotely mean you are Seal capable. It means you should theoretically be able to at least deal with the physical portions of the training. You add in mental stress, hunger and fatigue and I doubt any of you are a go)

This was harder than I thought. A buddy of mine is a ranger ( now a marshall )and we trained back in the day together on this. I could not keep up with the all the running, that shyt humbled the fukk out of me because he trained with gear and I didnt. Dude swam with his shyt on and lapped me each and every time. Kudos to anyone that could do this shyt

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
I just turned 32

I been boxing since the age of 9 bro.... That's 23 years

My pops walked me into a gym at that age and I've always been a member of one boxing club or another....

Even though I'm not carded anymore I still go between 3-5 times and I still spar regularly

I never ever took a drug in my life don't smoke don't drink soda

I been doing that shyt forever so don't question me just because your an unfit dumbass

If you understood how fit you have to be just to last a couple of rounds maybe you wouldn't be such an ignoramus

If you guys are talking weights, I can't bench for shyt as I've only ever done very light weights

Don't question me again fatso

Oh I am very aware how fit someone has to be to last a couple of rounds, throwing and defending punches. In the military there is MMA style training. It is not for the faint of heart.

I'm just letting you know that what you do at L.A. fitness is not applicable to what you do on a military base because of the grading. I laughed when you ended that with "fatso". :smugbiden:..I probably couldn't keep up with you in the ring. But you probably couldn't keep up with me in any of these events. Different training breh. :manny:

@skeetsinternal

Respect man. You should shake your friend's hand. That's the point I am trying to drive home here. Doing the minimal in this singular event means absolutely nothing. Then you add in the fact that most of these cats are stating they would not be able to complete the swim event. :heh: There is no 2/3 or 3/4. It's GO or NO-GO..Guess what happens when you fail an event? You are a NO-GO meaning pack your bags.

Last edited by a moderator: