Navy SEAL Fitness Test

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
:upsetfavre:

Swim 500 Yards

Maximum time allowed is 12 minutes, 30 seconds -- but to be competitive, you should swim the distance in at least 8 to 9 minutes, utilizing only the Combat Swimmer Stroke, sidestroke, or breast stroke. Recommended workout and training tips: Get technique training and learn to pace yourself. Try 5 to 10 sets of 100-yard swims, working on a pace that will get you below the competitive times. (Rest 10 minutes after swimming the 500 yard test before moving on to the next exercise.)

Push-ups

Minimum number is 42 in 2 minutes, but you should shoot for at least 100 for an average score. Do not pace yourself. Push as many push-ups out as fast as you can, but do not neglect proper form or the SEAL instructor will not count them. (Rest 2 minutes, then move on to the next exercise.)

Sit-ups

Minimum number is 52 in 2 minutes, but you should strive for at least 100 in 2 minutes for an average score. PACE yourself! Try doing 20 to 30 sit-ups in 30 seconds; that will put you within the 80-to-100-sit-ups range for 2 minutes. (Rest 2 minutes.)

Pull-ups

The minimum is eight pull-ups with no time limit, but you cannot touch the ground or let go of the bar. You should be able to do 15 to 20 to be competitive. Try a pyramid of pull-ups: work your way up from one pull-up the first set until you can no longer do any more sets, then return down the pyramid repeating in reverse order (1,2,3,4,5,6,5,4,3,2,1). (Rest 10 minutes before the last exercise of the test.)

1.5-mile run

Wearing boots and pants, the maximum time allowed for this one is 11 minutes, 30 seconds, but you should be able to cover the distance in 9 to 10 minutes to be competitive. Pace yourself: do not start off too fast on the first lap. Shoot for a 90-seconds quarter-mile run time around a standard high school track. Repeat this pace for six to 10 sets until you no longer have to rest in between

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
To think there is a time that I could have completed that shyt without worry.

Edit: Scratch that, I can't swim. :sadcam:

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
All that shyt after I swim 500 yards?:wow:

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If you do that test and score anywhere near the minimus then your ass wont even be considered for BUDs. I work with PJs and the training they do is equal to what SEALs do maybe even harder. Buds is 6 months I believe but after they have like a year of more training. It takes 2 years to become a PJ.

Last edited:

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
fukking easy as it shyt.....I thought it would be harder

Like I said pay no attention to those minimums. Your better be scoring 80-100 on the the push ups and sit ups. The run you should be around 8 mins and be near 20 when it comes to pull ups. But if the physical part doesnt get you then swimming will. When i speak to SOF operators they always say it doesnt matter how big and strong you are. The water has no equal and will turn the biggest strongest dude into a bytch. It aint fun drowning. They bring you back to life though :pachaha: