Naughty Dog racist? (Update: Article writer was hired by Naughty Dog)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I honestly just feel like there are better terms than just labeling entire studio as "racist". You throw a bunch of white people in a room and tell them to come up with a story, why would we expect that black people would be represented well in that story? Now, the burden 100% falls on naughty dog to get qualified talented black writers to represent us correctly if they are gonna include us in games, even if its just someone that can say, "that looks bad". White people left unchecked even if well meaning are going to get it wrong, especially if they weren't raised around black people and believe it or not a vast majority of white people aren't.

the biggest problem with TLOU and TLOU2 (and to a lesser degree uncharted with the voice actress) is the fact that there just aren't a lot of black people represented in the game, period. The ones who are are get lumped into the slaughter, similar to the few asians and latinos. There is a silver lining in that the black people represented weren't stereotypical, in the first game they were two brothers, in the same situation that joel and ellie were in, they seemed like two common people who weren't into fukk shyt either like Joel. You also have Ellies love interest, who was pretty much the same as ellie except she wanted to be apart of the fireflies, again nothing abnormal there.

then you have the leader of WLF which was an incredible performance, albeit a short one by jeffery wright, he was the leader of an entire army, one that pretty much all got slaughtered but still...you have marlene leader of the fireflies, killed with the rest of them in the hospital. The point im making is that a majority of black people are actually in prominent roles in the story, very rarely are they just simply used as red shirts meant to as easy kills for the protagonist, their deaths mostly have significant ramifications to the story. The best thing they could have done, is leave one alive.

The most egregious use of a black character is the brute you fight at the end that seems almost super human, like pain doesn't even bother him. Thats until you also consider he's not really the only brute in the game like that, theres an entire boss fight in abbys storyline that has a big bertha white bytch that seems similarly pcp'd up and impossible to kill.

so, in my opinion it's not really "racist" its just typical tone deaf shyt that white people do because we aren't a major part of their lives. They don't really stop and consider the optics of where and how to properly place us into their media without knowing how it effects peoples views of us.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember years ago I made a thread in TLR stating that Game of Thrones was racist cuz no nikkas was in that shyt.

Boy I had these negropeans on here BIG MAD :laff:.

I was lowkey trolling but the response was eye-opening, I had black people fighting tooth and nail FOR white folks for something so trivial in the grand scheme of things.

shyt was so successful I only made one post and that thread took off on its own. I didn't know if it was cacs or nikkas that was responding :laff:

Basically, you can't expect white folks to tell a story that doesn't involve themselves. I never expect white folks to tell a story about black folks specifically accurately.

I low-key think Phil Spencer is racist.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
They did kill Jim Crow Joel and his daughter no problem.:francis:

The black man destroyed those cac zealots, his agent killed that big sambo, and Isaac nearly took position as ruler of the free world until he was betrayed by the carelessness of an out of pocket white woman. :francis:

The black woman was killed running behind cacs and trying to be leader of the free world.

:wow:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
That black girl from uncharted 4I like her
I was surprised she didn’t die
I feel a reach but I understand I wouldn’t put it pass these cacs

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That black girl from uncharted 4I like her
I was surprised she didn’t die
I feel a reach but I understand I wouldn’t put it pass these cacs

‘yeah unfortunately she was voided by a white girl. Still a good character that spawned a lot of white outrage over her whoopin two white males asses

uncharted_lost_legacy_review_1.0.jpg

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Sam and Henry was the only thing that bothered me in the first game:sas2:
Then that DLC was suspect as shyt:sas2:
White savior complex that is Abby:sas2:
Isaac the scary black man in the shadows:sas2:
Used Asian characters as cannon fodder:sas2:
Marlene looking like a whole ass crack head
When she was beautifully animated in the first game:sas2:
Let’s not forget a white woman voicing a black woman:sas2:
But you are an incel for calling out bullshyt:sas1:

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Every black character in those TLoU games takes an L. They couldn't even add a breh to just say, "take a left right there and you good." then dip. Nah

Tommy get shot in the face point blank but the Latino dude and the Asian dude are dead as shyt under the same circumstances

Abby rocks a breh the built like a young Shaquille O'Neal and its nothing

Jeffrey Wright the god getting bodied 5s into his only onscreen appearance. They hired that man just to kill him. That's some refined level of :mjpls:

One minority makes it to the finish line and we know why :mjpls:

Naughty Dogs indeed. This is why I'm #catset :mjpls: