Naughty Dog(Edit:Sony stan profile) clapping back at brokebois on Twitter over TLOU Part 2 Remastered

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They are :gucci:

AAA games take years of development breh

I could understand if it we're talking gta v but it hasn't been an unreasonable wait

It ain't the early 2000's anymore though. The industry is bigger than ever and costs are more expensive

That doesn't make moves like this any more exciting but I understand it's just the way it is :manny:

Beats the old days where a lotta games basically got lost to time because they were unplayable on new consoles. So you were shyt outta luck without the og hardware. Cause emulation wasn't near what it is now

Its wild how people act like Naughty Dog haven’t put out a game for 10 years, its literally been 3 :dead:

Rockstar going on 11 years since their last game in the GTA series and over 6 since their last game in general.

Last edited:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
simply put, naughty dog had a better balance, output wise, last gen, at this point.

The only game we’ve heard of from them, that was supposed to be out (factions) is essentially vaporware.

Thats why ppl are annoyed.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
simply put, naughty dog had a better balance, output wise, last gen, at this point.

Thats why ppl are annoyed.
last gen…

Actually nvm they dropped UC4 May 2016. So something original needs to drop next year because it’s year 4 coming and all they got announced is a remaster.

-DMP-

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
last gen,

By November 2013 all they had dropped was TLOU Remastered and the Uncharted Collection. Nothing different really
Uncharted dropped Feb 2016 or am I tripping?

Edit. May 2016 so 3 years into the console cycle. And we had game play leading up to that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Uncharted dropped Feb 2016 or am I tripping?

Edit. May 2016 so 3 years into the console cycle. And we had game play leading up to that.

Its not that different

Last of Us came out 2013, Last of Us Remastered came out 2014, and Uncharted 2016.

The biggest difference between last gen and this gen is Covid. If it takes them an extra year or two to make a game then they are still on track and just in general development times for games is only increasing.

-DMP-

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Its not that different

Last of Us came out 2013, Last of Us Remastered came out 2014, and Uncharted 2016.

The biggest difference between last gen and this gen is Covid. If it takes them an extra year or two to make a game then they are still on track and just in general development times for games is only increasing.
How is it not different?

Last gen we had a remaster and 1-2 years into the gen we knew uncharted 4 was coming, and had gameplay. And then we got tlou 2 tease at psx 2016. With gameplay following the next year.

3 years into this gen we have 3 remasters and no clue what’s next from them. With the only thing announced game wise, is factions, which is MIA. No gameplay from that either.

It’s a stark contrast to last gen.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
How is it not different?

Last gen we had a remaster and 1-2 years into the gen we knew uncharted 4 was coming, and had gameplay. And then we got tlou 2 tease at psx 2016. With gameplay following the next year.

3 years into this gen we have 3 remasters and no clue what’s next from them. With the only thing announced game wise, is factions, which is MIA. No gameplay from that either.

It’s a stark contrast to last gen.

They said they are announcing games closer to release. Announcing TLOU2 4 years before its release is what caused severe crunch

The only difference really is us not knowing what they are actively working on

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They said they are announcing games closer to release. Announcing TLOU2 4 years before its release is what caused severe crunch

The only difference really is us not knowing what they are actively working on
Only difference is they aren’t releasing any new games :wow:

-DMP-

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
They said they are announcing games closer to release. Announcing TLOU2 4 years before its release is what caused crunch

Ok but that doesn’t refute what I said about the actual output.

Even if they are announcing games closer to release, the release cadence is still off.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ok but that doesn’t refute what I said about the actual output.

Even if they are announcing games closer to release, the release cadence is still off.

I mean, compared to who? Who is releasing major AAA games in under 4 years? Everyone says Insomniac but it took that studio 5 years to make spider-man 2, it took Santa Monica 4 1/2 years to make Ragnarok, and it took Guerrilla 5 years to make Forbidden West.

If Naughty Dog release a game by 2025 they are on track with every other studio

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I mean, compared to who? Who is releasing major AAA games in under 4 years? Everyone says Insomniac but it took that studio 5 years to make spider-man 2, it took Santa Monica 4 1/2 years to make Ragnarok, and it took Guerrilla 5 years to make Forbidden West.

If Naughty Dog release a game by 2025 they are on track with every other studio

Crazy :wow:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ll be dropping my dime on it I love this game and been thinking about loading it back up for another playthrough. Now I could careless what anyone else says it’s literally only 10$ for those who have the ps4 version :wow: