Nas's Life Is Good Sales Projection 115-125k

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
Mac miller held off on releasing his album for months until his followers pre ordered up to a certain amount of copies in advance then released it. In other words it would be like if Nas had said I'm not releasing my album till I have 100k pre sold.

If we gon a do comparisons let look at people who have legit first day numbers. Anyway the first week numbers will be higher and I will take some peoples coli cash:win:

thats not what he did...he got on ustream one day like a month or 2 before his album release date..and said 25k pre orders and he'd drop the next single i think...like 50k hed donate money to make a wish..and 100k hed drop the album that same day...he ended up with like 25k

even then..if 2 million people pre ordered/bought ur album...you still got 2 million to purchase it

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
As a lifelong Nas fan this is a flop no defending it... especially considering he has some of the most loyal fans on earth... if untitled can sell 187 with little to no promotion this should have easily eclipsed 150k.

u gotta think about all the controversy because of the ****** situation surrounding untitled though, that alone was enough promotion for the album itself.

imagine cnn, nbc, and any other major news station talking about your album on a daily basis.

Daps
i know a few trolls gonna try an say he flopped but for a nikka who made his rap debut in 1994, doing triple digit first weeks 18 years later is phenominal.

Nas won

yeah but he had a huge team in MMG backing him not to mention big r&b'esque radio hits to carry him

What Nas got besides his name and music? summer on smash is the only song that sounds like a blatant attempt at a big record, and its not even his single.

Nas won :pacspit:

Wale did 164k.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
hitsdailydouble is usually off on their estimates right? :sadbron:
I've only seen them be off more than a negligible amount maybe once or twice in the last 5 or so years I can remember...whatever methods they use to make these projections are pretty goddamn accurate...and those numbers aren't bad for Nas, and should've honestly been expected

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
thats not what he did...he got on ustream one day like a month or 2 before his album release date..and said 25k pre orders and he'd drop the next single i think...like 50k hed donate money to make a wish..and 100k hed drop the album that same day...he ended up with like 25k

even then..if 2 million people pre ordered/bought ur album...you still got 2 million to purchase it

no, that is what he did.

kunta is right. mac miller had blue slide park on itunes a MONTH before it even came out. just stock piling orders.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
yo, you dudes are delusional man, lol.

chris brown just did 130, CHRIS f*cking BROWN!

nas doing about them same numbers is actually more than I expected, especially since it leaked.

justin beiber only did like 300

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
you guys are delusional. chris brown and usher are doing 120-130k first week. This is GREAT for nas considering the album is not radio friendly and none of his singles getting alot of burn

200k gtfoh face it album sales are at the worst theyve been ever. im surprised nas was able to pull this off good for him

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

That is still 25k pre release. shyt ain't hard to understand. He wasn't dropping with no expectations

C'mon son!

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
yo, you dudes are delusional man, lol.

chris brown just did 130, CHRIS f*cking BROWN!

nas doing about them same numbers is actually more than I expected, especially since it leaked.

justin beiber only did like 300

comparing chris brown to nas is a mistake :stopitslime: they dont even have the same fanbase, chris brown fanbase primarily buys his albums based on singles and he has alienated them anyway.

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
i dont get the logic with the pre order stuff...you still have to SELL those pre orders..they were going to buy his album anyway, those were his core fans

and he only PRE SOLD 25k...so he still sold 120k without that

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
anyone hating on Nas numbers, do me one favor

Name 5 rappers...matter of fact, no...3...NAME ME 3 RAPPERS who dropped their debut albums anywhere from 1990-96 and is STILL doing triple digit first weeks.

If DMX or Redman sold 125k today, you dudes would act like it was the greatest feat ever.