Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Bu bu but JAY IS TRYING TO SABOTAGE NAS. HE FINNA RELEASE A SURPRISE 7 SONG EP AT 5PM WITH NOTHING BUT LARGE PROFESSOR PRODUCTION! THAT’LL TEACH THAT RAPSCALLION :damn:
A 10 track album produced by Large Professor, L.E.S, Just Blaze, Salaam Remi and DJ Premier :troll:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Pretty good album. 'Who Are You' is :mjlol: though. He's actually attacking black people with degrees who can speak english properly and don't conform to his myopic idea of what black people should be.

This was recorded during the untitled sessions and I think its sort of being critcal of the then boot strap crowd, that album and the sessions kinda had songs touching on various topics and perspectives on race so I sort of get what it was trying to do

NYK Loyalist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only listened twice but I like Queens Wolf, QB Politics, Beautiful Life, Lost Freestyle and The Art of It. Some of these beats don’t do it for me and his flow is off at times but I need to keep listening

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
You believing Nas is a better storyteller than Ghost is fine. They're both great storytellers...two of the best storytellers to ever do it. It's up to preference. My issue is you saying that Ghost would've jumped on that track and been all over the place, which sounds stupid and makes me know that you're not too familiar with his music. I can post a litany of Ghost concept tracks where he not only adheres to the concept but he gets as creative as anybody could wish a MC to get on a storytelling track. But I won't derail the thread.

And East definitely better than Lupe. It is what it is.

You have an inexplicable hatred for Lupe:mjlol: but at least you are consistent with it

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Me singing Heyyyyyyyyy part on Adult Film...

tenor.gif

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Its a line on one of these songs, (I dont know off hand which one) where he says he put hands on his other lil brother and he still regrets it. I forgot the other brothers name. He went to Temple Univ. too.

Which song y'all if you know.

I need to head to Genius and read these lyrics

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
this shyt flames :wow:

what was up with Nas voice on the second verse of Vernon Family? i thought it was Jungle :dead:

my slow was like :ohhh: "oh shyt Jungle going in" then it
Prolly cuz Nas was younger back then :russ:

You can tell No Bad Energy is a more recent track, prolly in the last couple years

Vernon Family was probably recorded in like 05-06. Nas was hype af on it :banderas:

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Its a line on one of these songs, (I dont know off hand which one) where he says he put hands on his other lil brother and he still regrets it. I forgot the other brothers name. He went to Temple Univ. too.

Which song y'all if you know.

I need to head to Genius and read these lyrics

Beautiful Life....