Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Ball

All Star
Daps
Screen-Shot-2019-07-19-at-11-23-38-AM.png

This youtube comment so true about "It Never Ends"

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Yeah Go ahead and use the cop out plea, stamped.

:mjlol: at not being familiar with Ghost work. You are in here :cape:just because I think Nas is better at a certain thing than Ghost. Which is all good, I defend my fav emcees too (Ghost included when appropriate). You're the same guy that said that bum Dave East is better than Lupe Fiasco :dead:. Now that is the definition of not being familiar with someone's work.

You believing Nas is a better storyteller than Ghost is fine. They're both great storytellers...two of the best storytellers to ever do it. It's up to preference. My issue is you saying that Ghost would've jumped on that track and been all over the place, which sounds stupid and makes me know that you're not too familiar with his music. I can post a litany of Ghost concept tracks where he not only adheres to the concept but he gets as creative as anybody could wish a MC to get on a storytelling track. But I won't derail the thread.

And East definitely better than Lupe. It is what it is.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Pretty good album. 'Who Are You' is :mjlol: though. He's actually attacking black people with degrees who can speak english properly and don't conform to his myopic idea of what black people should be.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
But yeah Tanasia, QB Politics, War Against Love... Most of the album is a great addition to his catalog.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Real shyt, everyone that's apart of the Hip-Hop culture needs to take a moment to honor Nas for all he's done and give him his flowers while he still here. He's had one of, if not the greatest run in the genre's history.

Dropped his first album at age 20, a classic.

Dropped his latest album at 46, a potential classic that's pending.

It's been 26 years since Illmatic....26 fukking years. I was 4 years old in '94:wow:

He's been relevant longer than most rappers been alive. I don't wanna hear no disrespect coming from any of the lil nikkas and they're fans.

I don't wanna throw rocks at any of em but let's see if dudes like Playboy Carti or who ever is poppin on SoundCloud can stay hot for 25 years straight.:unimpressed:

fukk Twitter....Y'all shouldn't be posting clown ass nobodies with hot take opinions on here anyway. :mjtf:

If you a true Nas fan that shyt shouldn't even matter but I get it....were a very passionate group.

Nas needs to be honored in someway because we will never see another like him in our lifetime:wow:

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
You believing Nas is a better storyteller than Ghost is fine. They're both great storytellers...two of the best storytellers to ever do it. It's up to preference. My issue is you saying that Ghost would've jumped on that track and been all over the place, which sounds stupid and makes me know that you're not too familiar with his music. I can post a litany of Ghost concept tracks where he not only adheres to the concept but he gets as creative as anybody could wish a MC to get on a storytelling track. But I won't derail the thread.

And East definitely better than Lupe. It is what it is.
Crazy he think one of the greatest to ever do it would be all over that track. Ghost is one of the few that can go album for album with nas and it would be a great debate.

But East better than Lupe???? Can’t fukk with you there breh. But each their own.