Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Ball

All Star
Daps
Yep. I think the trend of needing to immediately label something as instant classic or trash started definitely in the internet age but especially in the steaming age. There’s so much content. There must be a new subject daily for a new hot take. Etc.

We used to have to sit and marinate with albums. We didn’t have the entirety of music (and movies and everything else) at our finger tips to just play something else.

Crazy how fast technology moves.

Albums used to define era's and take you back to certain parts of life

Ball

All Star
Daps
Life begins right now
Life begins right now (My adult film)
Life begins right now (My adult film)
Life begins right now (R-A-W)

tumblr_nwr3vg2JHs1r8coi2o1_250.gif

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Dope, dope album. After listening it to it twice with no disturbance.

Obviously it’s better than Nasir just with 2 plays. I don’t think it’s better than LIG yet, which I think was a 4.5 mic album.

Tanasia is absolutely perfect, I actually wish this beat went to Ghost during Supreme Clientele era. Not saying nas ain’t kill it, but prime Ghost would of destroyed this beat vs today Nas.

I can’t wait to hear this multiple more times tonight.
LMAO I though I was tripping when I got Ghostface vibes from Tanasia

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
. @Piff Perkins you hit the nail on the head talking about Nas struggling more without a clear drum pattern to follow on some of those NASIR joints.

Even though I do like the song, on It Never Ends it feels like his cadence is a little sharper on the repetitive 8th note piano stabs as opposed to the rest of the sample. There’s a reason Roc Marci didn’t rap over the same sample on In Case You Forgot. It’s kind of a hard joint to rap over and I’m surprised Nas picked it.

It makes me want to hear more of modern era Nas and Al together but I also think Nas would do better to pick more of Al’s straightforward beats (like how Benny and Gibbs) as opposed to some of his psychedelic ones like It Never Ends.

LMAO I though I was tripping when I got Ghostface vibes from Tanasia
Nah you’re not tripping. I get major Ghostface vibes from it too.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I’m really sitting here AMAZED that Beautiful Life isn’t getting the praise it deserves as the crown jewel of this compilation.

Do ya’ll HERE what Nas is talking about on this joint?

Dude mentioned his younger brother. Nas has NEVER mentioned his younger brother on wax and only once talked about him briefly in an old Source interview from the 90’s. Mentioned him suffering from Schizophrenia:wow:

He went in on Carmen writing that book:russ:

Gave a slight spanking to Kelis:ufdup:

And did it all over the best goddamn NO ID beat i’ve ever fukking heard:wow:
After QB Politics it’s my favorite joint on the album