Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:mjtf:

Ghost can stick to a concept as well as any rapper who's ever done it. He's made albums that stuck to a concept from start to finish.

In regards to the track/subject matter I quoted the poster on, nah breh

I didn't say anything else about Ghost career:mjtf:. That type of shyt Nas cant be fukked with

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
In regards to the track/subject matter I quoted the poster on, nah breh

I didn't say anything else about Ghost career:mjtf:

That's my point. You said Ghost would have been all over the place rhyme wise on that track and I don't understand why you would come to that conclusion when Ghosts' specialty is concept tracks. He would have killed Tanasia.

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
I’m really sitting here AMAZED that Beautiful Life isn’t getting the praise it deserves as the crown jewel of this compilation.

Do ya’ll HERE what Nas is talking about on this joint?

Dude mentioned his younger brother. Nas has NEVER mentioned his younger brother on wax and only once talked about him briefly in an old Source interview from the 90’s. Mentioned him suffering from Schizophrenia:wow:

He went in on Carmen writing that book:russ:

Gave a slight spanking to Kelis:ufdup:

And did it all over the best goddamn NO ID beat i’ve ever fukking heard:wow:

Its the most played song for me right now from the album

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What people in this era don't get and i think has been dead for some time is the ART OF LETTING AN ALBUM GROW ON YOU!! It used to be that you buy an album and you let it marinate with you for months, you grow with it, you experience some life altering sh*t and the song that was playing at the moment became the soundtrack to your life cuz it was at a moment you'll always remember. We don't have that anymore with this era of just streaming once and let it get lost in the shuffle smh :mjcry: Nah man, i'ma be rockin this album for a good while cuz in the long run, this a classic :blessed:

thats how i see it too last night i said i need to hear it out more, i am about on my 5th run on the album and it is all starting to make sense.....aging like fine wine, it is definitely going to be in my top 4 albums from nas...only time and years will tell .....the kanye sample, swizz on the hook singing yeah all different feelings and good work

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That's my point. You said Ghost would have been all over the place rhyme wise on that track and I don't understand why you would come to that conclusion when Ghosts' specialty is concept tracks. He would have killed Tanasia.

He wouldn't have been as sharp as Nas, they attack concepts differently. Both dope in their own way. Nas pen is heavier tho in regards to the subject matter.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
What people in this era don't get and i think has been dead for some time is the ART OF LETTING AN ALBUM GROW ON YOU!! It used to be that you buy an album and you let it marinate with you for months, you grow with it, you experience some life altering sh*t and the song that was playing at the moment became the soundtrack to your life cuz it was at a moment you'll always remember. We don't have that anymore with this era of just streaming once and let it get lost in the shuffle smh :mjcry: Nah man, i'ma be rockin this album for a good while cuz in the long run, this a classic :blessed:
Yep. I think the trend of needing to immediately label something as instant classic or trash started definitely in the internet age but especially in the steaming age. There’s so much content. There must be a new subject daily for a new hot take. Etc.

We used to have to sit and marinate with albums. We didn’t have the entirety of music (and movies and everything else) at our finger tips to just play something else.

Crazy how fast technology moves.