Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
which 4

lol which 5

damn did yu skip the first 10 or so tracks

rza shyt bonkers.

hook slowed it dwn for me. felt like an upgrade to blk girl lost 2. fire tho ima jus drop the hook

No Bad Energy
Lost Freestyle
Adult Film (Maybe) hate the hook
The Art of It
QueensBridge Politics
Beautfiul life (maybe) beat got too much on ..I like what he spitting tho

The rest I can do without, of course some might grow on me

The flow is back in classic form though ...

But do I like any of these songs better than Adam and Eve from Nasir ? Probably QB politics

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Wonder if we can get exact years these songs were put down. Nas music is so good most of it can be from any era and it sounds relevant. Lost Tapes 2 didn't disappoint.

Nas unreleased catalog is as good as his official catalog.
Probably could get it figured out. @Ziggiy probably has a good idea on most of them and there are some good hints throughout the album.

Nas mentions being 36 on The Art of It so according to Wiki that’d be the Life is Good sessions.

It Never Ends was recorded in SoCal circa 2013/2014, and QB Politics has to be 2017/2018 due to Prodigy. So those are both post-Life is Good. I believe statik said that Lost freestyle is from the life is good sessions

You Mean the World to Me has the Kanye bass line sounds he was doing 2005/2006 so that’s Hip Hop is Dead.

Last edited:

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
The one thing that really makes this album so great is how cohesive it is given that all the songs were recorded at different stages in Nas's life, 10 years plus. You would think they sound all over the place but they don't.

They don't sound dated at all either

Skat attack is the only weak song but the rest range from good to great.

So many dope cuts...it's hard to say which is my favorite but Vernon Family and The Art Of It are the main cuts I been rewinding all morning.

Pharrell smoked that beat and Nas floated...sound like vintage Neptunes:whew:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This is CLEAN :wow:

I'm speechless. I haven't listened to Nas as much as y'all have (yes I've heard every album at least once) but this is really dope. Might cop a physical

The beat to Skatt Attack featured one of my favorite Jazz songs by Dave Brubek

:myman:

Jarreau of rap is growing on me too

Welcome aboard, top 5 track on the album

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
When people said hell no to a Nas & Swizz Beats album...y'all remember that...:mjlol:

Yeah i was 1 of them :shaq2:

NOW....

If the albums like these 2 joints on this album....

tenor.gif
Swizz didn’t produce the first song

And the Adult film beat is not good

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
There isnt really a weak song on here, 2nd half of the release is just as strong as the first. Trying to make a consistent top 3-5 tracks is:whew:

RZA and Pete showed out, especially Pete

With the amount of heat left off of Life Is Good it could have easily been another classic double album

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Sounds like Beautiful Life was supposed to have been on Life is Good. Don't know why it didn't make the final cut. Would have fit perfectly.

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
What people in this era don't get and i think has been dead for some time is the ART OF LETTING AN ALBUM GROW ON YOU!! It used to be that you buy an album and you let it marinate with you for months, you grow with it, you experience some life altering sh*t and the song that was playing at the moment became the soundtrack to your life cuz it was at a moment you'll always remember. We don't have that anymore with this era of just streaming once and let it get lost in the shuffle smh :mjcry: Nah man, i'ma be rockin this album for a good while cuz in the long run, this a classic :blessed:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I’m really sitting here AMAZED that Beautiful Life isn’t getting the praise it deserves as the crown jewel of this compilation.

Do ya’ll HERE what Nas is talking about on this joint?

Dude mentioned his younger brother. Nas has NEVER mentioned his younger brother on wax and only once talked about him briefly in an old Source interview from the 90’s. Mentioned him suffering from Schizophrenia:wow:

He went in on Carmen writing that book:russ:

Gave a slight spanking to Kelis:ufdup:

And did it all over the best goddamn NO ID beat i’ve ever fukking heard:wow: