Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Oville

Pro
Daps
Production is really dope for the most part. Nas' flow on a couple of joints though can be a bit awkward. Breath control is an issue on a few tracks and continues to fit to many words in on some of the bars he spitting. Cool album but I woulda preferred he sharpened up a couple songs and re-released them as opposed to just releasing them as is.

Standouts to me so far are:

Queens Wolf
Art of It
Tanasia
World to Me
Beautiful Life

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
Hell nah but it’s a great project in its own right

The Lost Tapes was Nas at his absolute peak. No BS, no experimentation, not a single hook or line questionable. Wasn’t even really any light hearted tracks either, shyt was strictly business :wow:

But this is great on its own

The first Lost Tapes was Nas at his darkest point, in terms of his own life, and his persona, Escobar. It's a pretty grim and serious album, and is from a small era in his 25 year plus career. The sequel is compiled from really different eras, in his career and life. Nas isn't the same "alcoholic who shyt blood" or who drunk himself into a stupor, contemplating suicide. This is Nas in the latter part of his career, some novelty tracks, some really dope ones, but its nothing like the first Lost Tapes, and never was going to be, by definition, you cannot recapture that era or that time, an artist doesn't do that.

I think it's dope he followed through, all these years later.

Y'all pretty much hit it on the head.

The 1st Lost Tapes is just so authentic and unfiltered. Nas spitting about his nikkas dying in front of him, his pops messing around on his mom's, being drunk with his life spiraling while observing all the shyt going on around him. Not tryna catch a hit at all just pure artistry which is why that shyt is top tier to me:wow:

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
I hope you guys aren't grading this on some "Nas better put out 10/10 songs Classic or it aint Sh*t" type of energy. These are unreleased songs after all brehs, unreleased typically means the artist wasn't feeling em or thought it wasn't strong enough to make an album. Enjoy it for what it is. With that being said, the irony of this is the production lineup is a dream team that everyone been crying about for Nas to make an album with. Super producers on this more than any Nas album since Illmatic :russ: