Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The first Lost Tapes was Nas at his darkest point, in terms of his own life, and his persona, Escobar. It's a pretty grim and serious album, and is from a small era in his 25 year plus career. The sequel is compiled from really different eras, in his career and life. Nas isn't the same "alcoholic who shyt blood" or who drunk himself into a stupor, contemplating suicide. This is Nas in the latter part of his career, some novelty tracks, some really dope ones, but its nothing like the first Lost Tapes, and never was going to be, by definition, you cannot recapture that era or that time, an artist doesn't do that.

I think it's dope he followed through, all these years later.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
How anyone could shyt on 95% of this album is beyond me. Fire fukkin vintage sounding RZA beats, amazing production from Swizzy. I wouldn’t say it’s better than the first Lost Tapes but it’s up there. And once again, a Nas joint with unreleased songs sounds more like a real album than most of these cats out here these days :banderas:

It’s trendy to hate Nas right now.. just like it was trendy to clown J. Cole before, Wale at one point..

shyt, that one white dude with the long hair.. Russ or whatever..

I’ve seen nikkas say they never heard a song from dude, and in the next breath call him trash.. like how would you even know if you’ve yet to hear the nikka music? (Admittedly I have no idea what his shyt sounds like myself)

You got these dudes like Big Business who somehow have heavy influence with their corny ass tweets, and whatever he says, these lil twitter clowns are gonna echo it in hopes of getting retweets..

shyt is sad what the games come to. today’s consumer is legitimately stupid

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For some reason, I feel like jungle should have been in Vernon family with the middle verse and talking that Qb goon shyt. The beat fits his style hard body to talk his shyt the way he raps. Would have made me lose my shyt hearing him on that...

I do feel this shyt is on point with the first off my first listen but maybe I’m just relieved as hell to hear this after that Nasir shyt... my top two songs so far is lost freestyle and beautiful life. Then might be no bad energy and then war against love. I gotta listen tomorrow in the whip and digest this shyt for real though.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

Twitter treating Nas the way they used to treat J. Cole before he somehow won em back over

I see a lot of people shytting on Lost tapes 2

fukkin clowns. This shyt is everything I wanted it to be

Yeah idk on first listen this is okay. I can see how some beats aren't for everyone but I dont think they''re bad. And I dont understand at all how people can say Nas sounds washed on this when hes miles better here than on Nasir.

Rap twitter makes me depressed in general since people tend to dimiss stuff but I dont know we'll see. Imm a drop a review later but I can say I didnt hate this album

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the fog I see the Mobb representer enter the light
Back to the source where all energy comes
Ya enemy thun...was internal
A disease that needs a vaccination, plagues black seeds

:to:

RIP to Prodigy, one of the greatest of all time