Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Ball

All Star
Daps
Y'all post some twitter reactions from athletes, other rappers, celebrities etc if you come across anything. I'm curious to see the perception of the album from a different standpoint

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
There are at least 5 tracks on here that are classic status :picard:

I would have cut a few songs and rearranged a bit. On first listen felt too much like the sound want from vintage to modern then back to vintage

It Never Ends (PROD. BY THE ALCHEMIST)
Tanasia (PROD. BY RZA)
Highly Favored (PROD. BY RZA)
The Art of It feat. J. Myers (PROD. BY PETE ROCK)
Lost Freestyle (PROD. BY STATIK SELEKTAH)
Queens Bridge Politics (PROD. BY PETE ROCK)
Who Are You feat. David Ranier (PROD. BY ERIC HUDSON)
War Against Love (PROD. BY DJ DAHI & DJ KHALIL)
No Bad Energy (PROD. BY SWIZZ BEATZ)
Queens Wolf (PROD. BY DJ TOOMP)
Adult Film feat. Swizz Beatz (PROD. BY SWIZZ BEATZ)

The rest of the songs I would have left in the vault.

2. Vernon Family (PROD. BY PHARRELL WILLIAMS) - I like this beat but the song as a whole is pretty meh to me
3. Jarreau of Rap (Skatt Attack) feat. Al Jarreau, Keyon Harrold (PROD. BY EDDIE COLE) - I actually kind of like the song but not really for this project. Far from Nas worst song
14. You Mean The World to Me (PROD. BY KANYE WEST) - Was hoping the beat would be mixed better and actually sound finished. Fade out of the sample sounds rough
16. Beautiful Life feat. RaVaughn (PROD. BY NO I.D.) - Not feeling this one too much
6. Royalty feat. RaVaughn (PROD. BY HIT-BOY) - wack

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
This might be on par with the first lost tapes
Hell nah but it’s a great project in its own right

The Lost Tapes was Nas at his absolute peak. No BS, no experimentation, not a single hook or line questionable. Wasn’t even really any light hearted tracks either, shyt was strictly business :wow:

But this is great on its own

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia

How anyone could shyt on 95% of this album is beyond me. Fire fukkin vintage sounding RZA beats, amazing production from Swizzy. I wouldn’t say it’s better than the first Lost Tapes but it’s up there. And once again, a Nas joint with unreleased songs sounds more like a real album than most of these cats out here these days :banderas: