Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
Thanks G. I was thinking about plugs I met and Bandana leaking on Thursday but I guess those has physicals that shipped the week of.
It leaked because it was out in New Zealand with the early timezone.
It wasnt the case with Big KRIT album last week and Lost Tapes II would already be out by this time if it was already released in NZ.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Based on these Lost Tapes and many others, what I now know about Nas is that he always spits that street shyt. He always talks that ghetto real shyt. He writes it and records it over beats that move him. He usually does albums with a theme or concept so while putting the album together, he like most smart artist, try to stick as closely to the concept as possible. Therefore, the street songs that he writes and the shyt that we love to hear is put on hold. Many people, myself included want to hear that Nasty Nas. Well I have to keep telling myself that Nas is always Nasty Nas. He still write and records that shyt. He just puts it out when he wants to.

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
This gonna be a agonizing 17 hours smh. I checked Tidal just to see if he somehow released early :mjlit:This would be the day i have nothing to do and it's raining in brooklyn smh
Word.its about to be 105 on Saturday fam. Hopefully LT2 got a couple bangers for the whip

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Tidal has Jay-z releasing an album tomorrow. I'm assuming its the Lion King Soundtrack but if not lol.

giphy.gif

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Tidal has Jay-z releasing an album tomorrow. I'm assuming its the Lion King Soundtrack but if not lol.

Its the Beyonce solo album. Kendrick, Jay, and Childish Gambino are all on the album.

Jay-Z will NOT be releasing an album tomorrow to compete with Nas. Everyone PLEASE let it go

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps

It's gotta be for Beyonce Lion King shyt cuz they also mention Kendrick and Gambino dropping.

Can you imagine if Nas, Jay, Kendrick, Gambino and Beyonce all dropped albums on the same day? The internet would explode lol.

Killalex

Hov did it so you don't have to
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDE
Can't wait for this.
Al Jarreau track was pure booty juice though.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
From Apple Music editor's notes :

"Though working with familiar collaborators, he’s clearly pushed himself artistically across these selections, rapping over kaleidoscopic synths on DJ Toomp-produced “Queens Wolf," keeping pace with a fluttering jazz melody on Eddie Cole’s “Jarreau of Rap,” and addressing his historically contentious relationship with the mother of his daughter and the infamous JAY-Z beef on the No I.D.-helmed “Beautiful Life.” For all of the experimentation, though, he’s made sure to include plenty of the original recipe: The Queensbridge hero bars up over modern-day boom bap on “Lost Freestyle,” “The Art of It,” and “Highly Favored,” produced by Statik Selektah, Pete Rock, and RZA, respectively."

:ahh: