Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
Why do I feel this disturbance in the QB-Force, as if half the borough is gonna be dissing Nas while the other half will big him up.

"Dissing" Nas or telling their side is two totally different things.
If you think dudes are just going to be openly talking reckless about nas you're off base. I don't think any of those guys want to burn that bridge permanently

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This gonna be a agonizing 17 hours smh. I checked Tidal just to see if he somehow released early :mjlit:This would be the day i have nothing to do and it's raining in brooklyn smh

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
THE LOST TAPES 2 NOTEBOOK

Does anyone know if the Lost Tapes Notebook bundle has the actual lyrics and liner notes in it? Not interested in just a regular mead notebook with Nas stickers on it and I haven't gotten an answer back from customer service.
A notebook is supposed to be blank i guess so if they didnt put any information about lyrics or liner notes in the description i think there isnt any.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Listening to LIG in preparation for this :blessed:
Same. Listened to lost tapes 1 yesterday. Still can’t get over nothing lasts forever. I chose my senior quote from that song almost half my life ago. Something about the kid knew that everything comes to an end, so try to savor the moments, cause time flies don’t it?
:wow:
Those bars hit me in my teens and they hit even harder in my 30’s.

Ready for lost tapes 2. Slept like shiiiit last night but got the phone alarm set tonight for midnight with the Bose headsets ready.

Edit: yo we haven’t heard Nas and Pete Rock since 1994. Think about that.
:blessed:
Edit 2: #makemybeatsfakkit anyone? :sas2:

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
From Apple Music editor's notes :

"Though working with familiar collaborators, he’s clearly pushed himself artistically across these selections, rapping over kaleidoscopic synths on DJ Toomp-produced “Queens Wolf," keeping pace with a fluttering jazz melody on Eddie Cole’s “Jarreau of Rap,” and addressing his historically contentious relationship with the mother of his daughter and the infamous JAY-Z beef on the No I.D.-helmed “Beautiful Life.” For all of the experimentation, though, he’s made sure to include plenty of the original recipe: The Queensbridge hero bars up over modern-day boom bap on “Lost Freestyle,” “The Art of It,” and “Highly Favored,” produced by Statik Selektah, Pete Rock, and RZA, respectively."

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Keep in mind brehs that Pete Rock has been on a resurgence recently. I know the joints on LT2 won’t be brand new but Pete never lost it. He just started working less. Warm those ears up. The first joint here is especially vintage and Pete talks it out at the end.

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
Keep in mind brehs that Pete Rock has been on a resurgence recently. I know the joints on LT2 won’t be brand new but Pete never lost it. He just started working less. Warm those ears up. The first joint here is especially vintage and Pete talks it out at the end.

I liked his album with Smoke DZA too and he's producing the next Skyzoo LP, that should be really dope as well.