Nas sold out

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
According to RIAA's site, HHID is gold as of March 2007. Plat isn't listed :manny:

Still gets bread from tours though. He had a Vitamin Water tour last year, and I believe this Hennesey campaign was a tour too

I remember it was sitting on like 750k domestic and 900k internationally back in 2007. But I hadnt seen anything on the RIAA either which is why I was surprised when I read that. I posted in the Nas thread a couple of weeks.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
Like I said before, you cant compare a cheap comercial beer on the tv and promoting a brand like cognac, consummed by a certain social group of adult and a classy compagny like cognac. And Nas didnt just promote the thing, he actually went to a foreign country to see how they were manufacturing it. Theres a culture of liquor and wine and Nas uplifted his culture of that.

If he was on a cheap commercial for a random beer, then he would deserved the critism

MysteryT

Rookie
Daps
I remember it was sitting on like 750k domestic and 900k internationally back in 2007. But I hadnt seen anything on the RIAA either which is why I was surprised when I read that. I posted in the Nas thread a couple of weeks.

That's because the record labels have to pay for those certifications. So a lot of albums probably sold way more than they were certified for by the RIAA, because these labels aren't paying for them anymore. Too expensive, so they just go with the minimum requirements to have a certification on record. People who aren't in the music industry have no clue how it even really works. Folks think that they can just run to the internet, just because it's there. That makes them experts all of a sudden. And they take everything on the internet at face value, when they have no clue at all. I'm just saying.

MysteryT

Rookie
Daps
Like I said before, you cant compare a cheap comercial beer on the tv and promoting a brand like cognac, consumed by a certain social group of adults.

Exactly. Not to mention, Coors/Budweiser or whatever, is way more readily available to the common teen, adult, the more disadvantaged. They aren't consuming that brand of premium liquor everyday. That is the main reason Nas turned down that beer endorsement. It would've been way more impactful in the wrong way. He knew that, so he didn't do it. Sadly, the village idiots that frequent these boards and social networks will never understand that. They're too busy trying to say the man sold out, judging him, and trying to find a way to say he's this and that, or he lost.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sometimes Nas wants to be:

a civil rights leader
an italian mobster
a columbian drug lord
an african political prisoner
a 1920's saloon singer
a "real hip hop" head
a "baller" rapper
a righteous brother
a ****** who promotes Hennessey

when does the line between being diverse and simply being confused begin to blur? lol. pick a lane nikka. Still GOAT.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Like I said before, you cant compare a cheap comercial beer on the tv and promoting a brand like cognac, consummed by a certain social group of adult and a classy compagny like cognac. And Nas didnt just promote the thing, he actually went to a foreign country to see how they were manufacturing it. Theres a culture of liquor and wine and Nas uplifted his culture of that.

If he was on a cheap commercial for a random beer, then he would deserved the critism
Exactly. Not to mention, Coors/Budweiser or whatever, is way more readily available to the common teen, adult, the more disadvantaged. They aren't consuming that brand of premium liquor everyday. That is the main reason Nas turned down that beer endorsement. It would've been way more impactful in the wrong way. He knew that, so he didn't do it. Sadly, the village idiots that frequent these boards and social networks will never understand that. They're too busy trying to say the man sold out, judging him, and trying to find a way to say he's this and that, or he lost.
Shut the fukk up, you sound like gotdamn fools. These teens running around in the streets have no problems getting Hennessey or any other form of liquor. It's a blatant contradiction. In 2000 or whatever it was "no beer commercials for Nas, never". Now he's doing Hennessey commercials:pachaha: There's nothing "classy" about Hennessey either. Nas/Kobe fanboys are the absolute worst. You cats will literally say anything in defense of your "gawds".

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Sometimes Nas wants to be:

a civil rights leader
an italian mobster
a columbian drug lord
an african political prisoner
a 1920's saloon singer
a "real hip hop" head
a "baller" rapper
a righteous brother
a ****** who promotes Hennessey

when does the line between being diverse and simply being confused begin to blur? lol. pick a lane nikka. Still GOAT.

Sounds like some diversity to me :ehh::lolbron:

But I never had a problem with rappers switching lanes and viewpoints (Pac, KRS etc)

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
Shut the fukk up, you sound like gotdamn fools. These teens running around in the streets have no problems getting Hennessey or any other form of liquor. It's a blatant contradiction. In 2000 or whatever it was "no beer commercials for Nas, never". Now he's doing Hennessey commercials:pachaha: There's nothing "classy" about Hennessey either. Nas/Kobe fanboys are the absolute worst. You cats will literally say anything in defense of your "gawds".

hennessy is NOT the brands that are consummed by typical young like that, heay you gone find some same as you will find regular people wearing louboutin's shoes, but that's only 10% of the people who actually are the brand target and regularly bought theses shoes.

You do realize that a product got a certain image attached to it right ? Timbs who originally were meant for worker/moutain walker had now a ghetto vibe, doc martins (here in france i don't know for usa) are skins and extremist shoes. Both are shoes butt represent different images.

Comparing hennessy to budweiser for example is like comparing cigar to marijuana, two different worlds

Gravity

Banned
Daps
hennessy is NOT the brands that are consummed by typical young like that, heay you gone find some same as you will find regular people wearing louboutin's shoes, but that's only 10% of the people who actually are the brand target and regularly bought theses shoes.

You do realize that a product got a certain image attached to it right ? Timbs who originally were meant for worker/moutain walker had now a ghetto vibe, doc martins (here in france i don't know for usa) are skins and extremist shoes. Both are shoes butt represent different images.

Comparing hennessy to budweiser for example is like comparing cigar to marijuana, two different worlds
You sound like a gotdamn idiot. You're literally trying to spin this as not a contradiction:pachaha: I'm not even going to argue with you fanboy, you're pathetic.

BossMobb

Knewgoat the novel every Black American should own
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
Slander against the GOAT leads to efficient use of the Ignore button:lolbron::stylin::blessed: