Nas & Premier Album "DJ Premier Needs to Come Correct because Pete Rock and Q Tip is Bringing Heat to Common & LL"

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
A Nas/Premo album never made sense to me. Premo hasn't produced a great project since Moment of Truth and has been steadily in decline ever since they first started talking about a potential project in the mid 2000s.

Best outcome would've been one or two Premo songs on a regular Nas album they way they always did it in the past.
You would be correct if PRhyme never happened. Proves that DJ Premier can still produce a fire project.

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
You took a break from the Coli just to immediately start talking about Nas again :unimpressed:

You know and I know.... that's my guy
No apologies...
Glad I could see the future as a youngin and made a wise choice

I feel horrible for all the G's that picked MC Kurupt as their favorite back in '95. N there was many..

Are you a member of this club 🤔😫🤣😂

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I already knew this would be conversation before we heard anything from all 3 of these projects lol

Pete might also be motivated to put together somethng with a rapper like Common (And probably to stick it to Nas what with the royalty thing popping up and him thinking on Nasir confusing it for the shelved Nas album) and that Tip/LL album has been YEARS in the making. So Nas and Preem aint gotta rush anything, we heard about those other projects long ass time ago

By the looks of that behnd the scenes video, Nas told Premier right there "We're working on the album". Preem was also working on Prhryme 3 this year so I dont know if we'll hear it anytime soon.

And Im fine with that, let them lock in when they can even look at what Tip and Pete have done and go from there

Preem been alright, that Dogg Pound cut was cool and as average as Define my Name was to people, thats still a great track.

Personally I never saw the appeal of a FULL primo album with Nas, I like when he mixes it or works with a diverse producer but this is what yalll wanted.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I already knew this would be conversation before we heard anything from all 3 of these projects lol

Pete might also be motivated to put together somethng with a rapper like Common (And probably to stick it to Nas what with the royalty thing popping up and him thinking on Nasir confusing it for the shelved Nas album) and that Tip/LL album has been YEARS in the making. So Nas and Preem aint gotta rush anything, we heard about those other projects long ass time ago

By the looks of that behnd the scenes video, Nas told Premier right there "We're working on the album". Preem was also working on Prhryme 3 this year so I dont know if we'll hear it anytime soon.

And Im fine with that, let them lock in when they can even look at what Tip and Pete have done and go from there

Preem been alright, that Dogg Pound cut was cool and as average as Define my Name was to people, thats still a great track.

Personally I never saw the appeal of a FULL primo album with Nas, I like when he mixes it or works with a diverse producer but this is what yalll wanted.
Both Common/Pete Rock and Ll/Q Tip been in the making for years. If Nas and Premier want to match it they going to have to take their time to. Which means Nas and Premier isn't coming out for a year or two minimum.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I love that the legacy acts are still out here bringing it!

"Rap is here it's here today. Rap is here it's here to stay!"
well right now they are hitting a groove in the tour circuit in North America as opposed to having to go to Europe and it's rejuvenating their musical output. Ever since that Nas-Wu tour i've seen a lot more legacy acts link up and tour for the first time. People who have come to Canada since, Quik, Slick rick, Cormega... there's people out here crossing this border for the first time. they been had this money sitting on the table just wasn't no scene. Old heads are outside and they wanna see legacy. Scarface is outside since his tiny desk doing a similar intimate live show, he's one i'd love to see come up north finally. Face never leaves America.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Hate to say this but I don’t want Nas and Preemo in 2024.. Give me him and Q-Tip and let Tip pick a bunch of jazz samples. That Nas and Preem song is ok, I like Nas and Hit more though. :yeshrug:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Didn’t like the single they put out at all. It wasn’t wack but wasn’t something to have me interested in 2024.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Listen to that LL and Q Tip track bruh. That shyt sounds insane. If I'm Nas right now. I'm getting Hit Boy and Alc in the studio with Premo for quality control purposes.

I agree

Ive had that LL track basicaly on repeat since it dropped. Lawd, I love that record

I listened to all 3 back to back. The LL, Common, and Nas tracks. The Nas track is the 3rd best, but it doesnt interrupt the flow.. meaning Preme not far off from thebother two producers.