Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
To me that's his worst album. But it's nas so it's not a bad project. I like simple things, bonjour and Adam & eve, they save the album to me.
I think nas took the Kanye run opportunity get out of his def jam contract so he wasn't as focus as usual.
The album was rushed, the mixing isn't good, you can see that Nas clearly didn't rap on the beats of the album and sound off beat sometimes. The production is disappointing and nas is lyrically not interesting for the first time in years. After a 6 years hiatus we expected more. Even the cover was lazy. Thank god hit boy came and saved Nas legacy

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
My taste so different from coli dudes

This album way better than KD 1 & 2 to me :francis:
The bad about the album is the wack ass singing on every song
Still like the album tho

I play this album on a regular basis

I will never play KD 1 again
Lol..wtf

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
OG version of 'Simple Things' named 'Finding Forever' from 2018 'Nasir' album leaked featuring Ant Clemons

Crazy, what we got is actually better for once lol. Not used to that when it comes to Nas album leftovers.

shazam

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this album is fine but KD 1, 2 and magic are all better. we all know daytona was the best record out of the wyoming sessions anyway, and nas didn't need to prove anything after life is good, so it's nice that nasir exists at all. like someone else said i see it as his warm up after taking a break