Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

New Jeruz Jewelz

Wavey Vertigo Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NJ
not for radio nas was off flow wise, white label was meh flow wise, simple things flow could be better.... am not expecting it was written ten type flows but it was choppy in some of those tracks. what saves him is the content of his lyrics and the beats.

Not for nothing but I don’t think Not For Radio is a song that is meant to be flowed to, it’s almost meant for spoken word.

The only thing I noticed is Nas has a deeper tone when compared to Kanye, you hear how Ye fits the CSTK beat better. I don’t hear this flow issue because I’m listening to the words and brought up in the essence I honestly don’t need a great beat. I can rock accapella, so a white label beat isn’t for a Nas level lyricists

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fear make you reveal who you really are
Feel me God?

All a suttin frontin nikkas knew you from ya past

The way he flowed those two lines, godly :wow:

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Ive been listening acutely to the album and I dont see a problem with his flow. White Label reminds of me of black bond, not your "standard" hip hop beat but Nas still did his thing on it. Roc Marciano, Westside Gunn, Action Bronson been rapping on beats like white label for years. Roc produced a whole album with joints like white label. Alchemist, a person yall been dying to have a full Nas album with, does joints like white label. Now its one thing if you dont like those kinda beats, I understand. But dont hate on this project because it has Kanye name on it. Ever since the trump comments and the slavery comments, Kanye can actually make illmatic 2 and it won't EVER be good enough.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Ive been listening acutely to the album and I dont see a problem with his flow. White Label reminds of me of black bond, not your "standard" hip hop beat but Nas still did his thing on it. Roc Marciano, Westside Gunn, Action Bronson been rapping on beats like white label for years. Roc produced a whole album with joints like white label. Alchemist, a person yall been dying to have a full Nas album with, does joints like white label. Now its one thing if you dont like those kinda beats, I understand. But dont hate on this project because it has Kanye name on it. Ever since the trump comments and the slavery comments, Kanye can actually make illmatic 2 and it won't EVER be good enough.
Roc has album of the year this year with those kinda beats.