Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
Listen to Trust off LIG vintage Nas

Yea seems like if u take the highlights from this add some NO I.D and alchemist production you'll get a better produce album. Nothing on here moves me as much as Stay, where's the love or Trust off LIG

Trust is one of the best Nas songs ever

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
My one complaint is I think Nas could've delivered a better verse on Cops Shot the Kid....shyt felt half assed. It deserved an Untitled era level Nas verse.

Bonjour so lush :wow:

We need a remix with Ross.

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
I am gonna need a cdq version of Not For Radio without Diddy....

Who in God's name thought it would be a good idea to have the 3rd Gomez brother soiling up the track? shyt sounded so majestic in the rip without the screaming. I can't stand it now...

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Nas got lazy. He has regressed style wise. His verses are just not killing it anymore. But he never mastered the art of saying more with less. He tries to jam too much into his bars. Plus at this point, he only shines on more traditional hip hop beats. I dunno, maybe I need to go back, but listening to the cop song with Kanye, and I'm just like how come Kanye knows how to ride this beat and make his lines stand out better than Nas?

On the cops song its like hes trying to sound like Rakim on Microphone Fiend which hes tried before (Jay also did it on Blue Magic) That I get cause its an old school beat etc. and Ye just kinda did Ye
The rest I wanna say might be a move to slow down for the beat, hes done it before on other albums and to be experimental (Which Kanye indicated they were doing a lot of gut feeling stuff ) We make such a big deal (good and bad) about Nas almost over rapping on songs that when he does this its weird.

I dont know if it means he's done. There was a couple of signs of verses on other songs in the past year it felt like that but who knows if it means he just tired on the mic. Ultimately its a motivation thing now so maybe the mixed reviews and personal shyt will wake his ass and finish his other album. But its Nas he may take a while to do it, years even and a whole bunch of stuff to go through

Sylar

Pro
Daps
after 2 listens, "Adam & Eve" and "Simple Things" are the only stand-out tracks

Daps
that white label beat is absolutely ridiculous wtf is this shyt
:scust:

tumblr_nkcj30KIME1svqr1qo2_500.gif

kaynedance2.gif