Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

Izanami

Superstar
Daps

Listen to how smooth he sounds on this shyt compared to how he has sounded the last like 15 years. Either he is rapping too loud which makes u run out of breath faster, or his breath control is just gone. I'm being hyper critical because that's my GOAT but still, my only complaint after hearing the mixed and mastered version of the album is his delivery and flow sound flabby here and there

Listen to Trust off LIG vintage Nas

I fukk with this album, but I just have never been hype about the idea of a Nas album produced by Ye. I loved Still Dreaming but that was a different Ye that we'll never see again. I was very intrigued to hear Kanye's sound on Pusha, his own, and his collab album with Cudi because I wanted to see where his mind was production-wise leading into a Nas album. I fukk with those albums heavy, but I was definitely apprehensive about how Nas would come off on this type of sound/energy. My fears seem to be well placed. It feels like Nas is just featured on this album as opposed to it being his project. He's spitting, but it's Nas, what else would you expect? Life is Good was a Nas album through and through. This seems like part of the Kanye return tour. I fukk with it sonically, but these two have never been a pair I was hype to see work together.

Yea seems like if u take the highlights from this add some NO I.D and alchemist production you'll get a better produce album. Nothing on here moves me as much as Stay, where's the love or Trust off LIG

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
One listen and done

Do not like this shyt at all.

I don’t see how yall praising Kanye for those tradh ass beats.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think this album would have been better received (by me...I guess I'm just speaking for myself) had there not been a 6 yr gap between his last release. Album feels more like an appetizer than a full meal with all the trimmings.

And that feeling has nothing to do with the 7 song tracklist

Definitely an appetizer.

"Escobar season begins" :ahh:

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
I heard two versions of this album no bullshyt. :wtf:

Ima see if I can find the link to the one I heard before.

nikkas was saying it was old but I never heard these shyts and they was flame

Don't know what the hell Kanye just released :mindblown:

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
Question: does this restore the feeling? Because I just replaced my shoulder cannons with a LL Cool J BoomBox and im tryna kick it, old school; son. Who can make me a tape?

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Nas got lazy. He has regressed style wise. His verses are just not killing it anymore. But he never mastered the art of saying more with less. He tries to jam too much into his bars. Plus at this point, he only shines on more traditional hip hop beats. I dunno, maybe I need to go back, but listening to the cop song with Kanye, and I'm just like how come Kanye knows how to ride this beat and make his lines stand out better than Nas?