Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Adam & Eve, already my favorite song so far.

If Kante is going to do stuff for Nas, make it like this please. I'm happy to hear my guy rappin but I don't know how I'm feeling the whole project on first listen.

Ok last two tracks are fukking beautiful. I'ma it marinate but on the first full spin those are the only joints that I really really like.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think kanye officially entered the territory where he's a better singer than rapper although he didn't ruin the song where he had a verse either. guess he stepped it up for nas.

i enjoy him on everything hook. :ehh:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
070 Shake killed the hook for "Not for Radio." :wow:

I was feeling cops shot the kid til Kante started rapping.

Exactly how I feel. Nas had a dope verse and I like how he's rapping over the "Children's Story" sample which gives it an 80s vibe. Then Kanye came in with his :childplease:verse.

Not only does he sound off, I don't want to hear him talk about police brutality after all the shyt he pulled weeks ago.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Everything (too much singing, especially from Kanye. Too much build up like Jay's Holy Grail. Otherwise would've been a perfect track) :snoop:

Should've started 2 minutes in. But the production and Nas verses are stellar. Felt like Late Registration era Kanye.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i finally got one listen in. should have gotten it in 48 hours ago. fukk you kanye.:stopitslime:

it's very good. gonna give it more spins, but it didn't disappoint.

KillKenny

Pro
Daps
It would of been nice for nas to have his own week thou atleast

Couldn’t even waited to freaking Tuesday to let nas shine
Im pretty sure that's a PR move that is good for Nas (aswell for jay). Dudes making comparisions anyway...

plus I know jay missed a heartbeat when nas rapped "This ain't knowledge" @ not for radio :jawalrus:

Daps
Was kinda iffy on this based on the livestream. But now listening to it in earphones and in the whip, this album is flames.