Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
After listening to this album produced by Ye, I’m wondering how NaS other album that was done long ago sounded like. Maybe he still has that other album on deck.:jbhmm:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
No not yet.

I’m not stressing. I have apple music and tidal and I already brought an itunes copy.

I just wanted the Vinyl really. The digital is just a bonus.

Finna cop the orange hoodie too
I’m stressing :prodigylol:
I don’t stream, so I have no way of listening to the album until I get that email :pdahell2:
I could cop off iTunes, but that just means the email will come as soon as I do that :prodigylol:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
After listening to this album produced by Ye, I’m wondering how NaS other album that was done long ago sounded like. Maybe he still has that other album on deck.:jbhmm:

He had confirmed songs with Timbaland, Salaam, and Justice League. I always imagined it as a more bombastic Life Is Good

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Saying Slavery was a choice doesn’t GET any more sunken breh.

No passes for that
What do you mean “no passes” when you’ve clearly supported everything that Kanye has done since the c00n stunt and comments? You cats don’t stand for shyt.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
He had confirmed songs with Timbaland, Salaam, and Justice League. I always imagined it as a more bombastic Life Is Good

Hmm...those are interesting choices. I’m just wondering where does his “sound” goes from here? I know it would be going backwards but I want him and DJ Premire to do a full album.

phonthought3000

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The '84 Babies

I'm thinking that's the gonna be the 1st release from Mass Appeal now that this album completed his Def Jam deal and he just got the deal with UMG for Mass Appeal

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Saying Slavery was a choice doesn’t GET any more sunken breh.

No passes for that
I'm no a Kanye rider or anything but hearing his album and following for so many years, I don't think he meant what he said "literally". In his album he said "say it out loud and see how it feels. Nothing is off the table". The slavery statement is so off the wall bad that it's sarcastic to me. Like saying Hitler didn't do anything wrong. Kanye is clearly smart and he's been pro-black his whole career.

I think he wanted to start that conversation and used the craziest thing to stir it that debate. Reminds me of the last scene in Black Panther where Killmonger's like I prefer death over bondage. Anyways, Kanye gonna Kanye. He's done enough that I feel he didn't MEAN those exact words on slavery. It was some higher statement he was trying to make. It's funny how these rappers are so good with words in songs but terrible in interviews. Nas is a horrible interviewee too.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I’m stressing :prodigylol:
I don’t stream, so I have no way of listening to the album until I get that email :pdahell2:
I could cop off iTunes, but that just means the email will come as soon as I do that :prodigylol:

I'm still waiting. :mjcry:

Revival came out two days early but I still haven't heard anything from this one. :martin:

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I think that if he is, he chose a truly fukked up time period to be off his meds

I can’t defend what he said but I hear what he’s saying if that makes sense... he just is erratic with his statements.

He is. Friend of mine is bipolar and recognizes the traits and signs and he's said as much several times. He says being bipolar is his super power.

Doesn't excuse anything he's done or said, and I'm less mad at him about the political shyt than I was weeks ago but that's got nothing to do with him and more to do with me realizing political discourse in this country sucks ass right now

Word, touchy subject and I don’t really know too much about Ye struggles or your friends. But God bless both, hopefully they both can overcome