Got rep for whoever got it. Please!
Negged
giphy.gif

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Listened to the Nas joint now that it's on Spotify. Note that the sequencing of the songs are a bit different on the official version. I also listened to the joint on my Beats headphones to hear the production:

1) Not For Radio: This the joint that begins with "escobar season begins." Love the production and sample... Ye added Diddy ad-libs which weren't necessary. Don't see much of a role for O7O Shake on this song. 4/5 for me

2) Cops: Love the beat and sample too. Nas verse is alright. Ye verse was kinda ironic to me after the last few months. could be 3 stars for me, but I'll give it a 4/5 for the beat alone.

3) White Label: Sounds like the beat has promise, but it seems like Dean and co. fuqed up the mix on the beat. Sounds like it's super distorted and in mono. Verses don't stand out for me either. 2.5/5 for me.

4) Bonjour: Pretty forgettable track to me. The hook was decent, but the beat seam mixed poorly and Nas' verses were blah. 2.5/5

5) Everything: Love the Dream presence here. Beat sounded much better. Don't really want the singing Ye on this song, but he wasn't completely awful. The Nas verses are more on point here, except for the anti-vacc rhymes. Liked the chorus in the bridge. Song has replay value to me. 5/5

6) Adam & Eve: Love the sample here. Dream's hook is killer too. Tons of replay value here. 5/5

7) Simple Things: Beat is interesting here, but the verses are kinda average. Song's too short tho. 3/5 for me.

So of the 7 songs, I only liked 4. Wish there were more songs tho. Bigger problem overall is that Nas' presence on the mic has diminished. He's a lot slower rapping now and the punchlines are almost nonexistent. It's almost like he's not rapping with much skill, which is kinda a problem (except when you realize he's 44).

I am wondering if the rapping is a product of the rush job of the album being made in the past couple of weeks

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
My only only only complaint is the mixing slightly.

I'm playing these on 600 dollar headphones and and studio monitors ....

Mike Dean is mixing these records to fast, he's doing these in an hour and change...good use of effects but the levels are a little off, just need a few more polishes ...

I joked earlier but yeah some of the samples and vocals are fighting ...whatever

4.5/5

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
About the anti vaxx shyt. I realized Nas was a smart dumb nikka on Distant Relatives but he's still mah dude.

"And was it a lightning storm, that gave birth to the earth and then dinosaurs were born" :mjlol:
:what:

He was naming all the dumb ass theories people come up with not to give God his credit .

Dam did the same thing .

Breh go back and listen to that song .