Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
My initial thoughts after one spin.

I played it side by side with the version from yesterday just to hear the improvements. Obviously much crisper, 4-7 were the standout tracks, Adam & Eve/Simple Things he was really in his element, I wish there would've been another verse on Simple Things.

I had to modify the start and end time on Everything :francis: I actually dont mind Kanye's singing but I changed it to start around 1:50 and end with a 1:25 left or about that much. Puff's adlibs during Nas verse on the intro :aicmon:. Those were my only complaints

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
I'm sorry breh :mjcry:

Nas is my GOAT, but I'm just not a fan of the beats, or any of the singing (although Nas only has a few songs where the singing hooks work)

Second half is much better than the first though.

I hope he still has another album coming soon, cos otherwise this would be a huge disappointment.

Sorry bruh, that's the Ciroq talking. I hope for a quick recovery for the young Godzilla :wow:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Dunno. In the middle of my second listen...there are dope spots throughout and none of the tracks are "bad" but this just feels sloppy. The mixing is all over the place (beat too loud on White Label for instance), the flows are spotty throughout, and there is way too much melodramatic singing. Daytona is straight up gutter, hardcore shyt. I wouldn't call a single beat on this album gutter or hardcore (Cops Shot The Kid just sounds chaotic to me, tho I like it). The drums are uneven too but I won't go into that yet.

Production overall is good but nothing really blows me away like Daytona. Rhymes...I'm re-listening to Everything right now, this shyt is dope...but that anti-vaxx shyt makes me cringe. And yea I get the concept. Flow wise I think the drums lead to a slower flow that feels...off at times. Nas sounds great on the upper tempo shyt tho. Especially Adam And Eve which is fire.
:whew:

But the standout might be Simple Things.
:whoo:

I love the last bar and the way it abruptly ends.