Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk a rating. I love this album. Bonjour and Everything are all-time great NaS tracks. Adam/Eve is a great “NaS can still NaS” moment.

Overall, its really dope to hear NaS stretch, explore, and dial down one of the traits that define him as an MC (flow) to match his style with something we don’t know him for (Kanye’s style of production.. and not just talking about the beats either). Some of that is also due to his age at this point. But still...

Lyrically, Esco brought it. There were definitely moments where you can hear him probing his way around the beat, trying to synch with production that’s challenging him (most notably on White Label, imo). But the bars are a-level. The PRODUCTION is a-level.

NaS and Ye did their damn thing brehs. :wow:

PUFF WITH THE 11TH HOUR ALLEY OOP! :mjcry:

NaS and Ye with the low-key Tribe shoutout on Cops, stopping the bars early to let the beat talk. :mjcry:

What a fukking time to be alive. :banderas:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps

This is a thread about the GAWD but we showin' love to the NJ GWAD.

Breh...

this is the shyt that really shaped my mind at like 12-13

"To them it's Africa, to us it's Asia"

Asia is what we called all dry land before cacs came and twisted shyt up with their borders. (ie. Planet Asia)

The Asiatic Black Man: The Maker, The Owner, The Cream of the Planet Earth; Father of Civilization, God of the Universe.

:wow:

Last edited:

Wiirdo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This statement alone makes me happy Ohtani's elbow snapped :umad:

I'm sorry breh :mjcry:

Nas is my GOAT, but I'm just not a fan of the beats, or any of the singing (although Nas only has a few songs where the singing hooks work)

Second half is much better than the first though.

I hope he still has another album coming soon, cos otherwise this would be a huge disappointment.