Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Nas should send TDE a invoice

I went looking for Nas project, ended up listening to Jay Rock whole album lol

They really dropped the ball... I planned on listening to Nas shyt a few times at work and on the way home.... If this shyt ain't out by 6pm, I probably won't end up listening until Sunday or Monday

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Why wouldn’t he have already done that?
I'm thinking maybe he thought of something he might wanted to add or do over
When has Nas ever been the type to rush a few verses in? nikkas just ain’t mix this shyt and/or clear samples.
Your right he never has,but there's a first time for everything. Remember how Kanye kept tweeking TLOP in real time, no saying it's the samething but since there's a delay who knows.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
im also thinking its more sample-based than mixing

Bobby Womack's estate has given ppl problems before

I refuse to believe that. A major label is not going to release an album with obvious sample clearance issues that haven't been legally/financially cleared. You can get away with some deceptive shyt (there's a VERY expensive sample hidden on GKMC that was not cleared) with the right engineers but when the sample is obvious? Hell no.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
ALLLLLL that shyt should’ve been taken care prior to last night. Seriously

Yup. I’ll say it again, this is a DEF JAM RELEASE. If the most famous hip hop label in history can’t get their shyt together or can’t wrestle shyt away from kanye, then no one can. If Chris lighty was still alive, this shyt wouldn’t have happened