Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The board in the video doesnt have I can explain anymore... says a new song, Bad People

vampire xtc

The E-Legend
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Not really feeling this one. Nas did his thing, but the beats are very underwhelming. To go from the quality of Daytona’s beats to this is mind boggling.

Adam & Eve and Simple Things are fire though.

Yea those tracks are likely the best tracks

I don’t know with this one like nas seems off not just his vocals on the beats(not all just a few)

But it comes off like he phoned it in also

No signs of life is good nas on this in my opinion

As for Kanye beats I’ll agree going from pusha to this will make you go wtf in many ways

But historically Kanye beats with nas have never really gone all that well for the most part

We will see if it gets mastered better for release later today and if that improves some stuff

But right now it’s an ok album

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nowhere but on here is this album a let down.. Lol

Im not ever going with opinions on here...
The complainers are not even Nas fans. I seem to memorize most of you on The Coli that support Nas and even though you all don't agree with every move Nasir makes as an artist's these post that are speaking the negativity I haven't seen most of them before. It's natural for the trolls to to want Nas to fail and they are doing that on here by making it seem that what he created is not good. Let them troll and be on the look out for even more trolling in the near future bc Nasir has more music for his fans.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The album is 25 minutes and in the first 5 minutes 1min and 3o secs is dedicated to just beats playing...:francis:

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The things to complain about :mindblown:
Nas is rapping his ass off, but he always does that. I'm not trying to hear some beat drone on for no particular reason when this shyt is only 25 minutes. I'm not listening to Nas for obnoxious production practices.

Imma finish listening to this and then go put on a full length Nas album, probably.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
See, Mike Dean is still finishing it up... so hold off complaints about vocals or beats not meshing.

Check out @therealmikedean’s Tweet:

Ok yea thats sounding much crisper than the version I got. I'll wait for the official release before I play it again.

My only question is why do they wait till the day of to do this?