Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Ok nas album. Feels like he's featured more than the crux. Powerful lyrics tho.

Off one listen, if feels like kanye tried too hard and nas did him a favor. I'll spin it in rotation with his other summer releases. Overall, it sounds like a nas tribute more than a nas album.

Antdrewjosh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
joshua1012
His flow is sooooooo off.... he sounds like he doesn't know what he's gonna say next at some points. Gone are the days of his smooth nonchalant rapping. His voice is also off key, sounding like he didn't here the music. He used to be one of the best vocalists. Not anymore. It's overproduced at points as well. He's just not connected with the production.

What album did you listen to?

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Everything" would be better if The-Dream sung Kanye's parts. Kanye didn't need to be on it.

call me crazy. but i like ye's vocals on everything. :yeshrug:

on that note, whoever got ye to put down that fukking vocoder (or at least dial it down to a 2) for this four album stretch deserves a fukking raise. one of my favorite parts of these albums has been hearing ye sing using his voice! i dont care if he can't actually sing, it just sounds better hearing him, instead of all that damn warbling.

Antdrewjosh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
joshua1012
His flow is sooooooo off.... he sounds like he doesn't know what he's gonna say next at some points. Gone are the days of his smooth nonchalant rapping. His voice is also off key, sounding like he didn't here the music. He used to be one of the best vocalists. Not anymore. It's overproduced at points as well. He's just not connected with the production.

Just listened to Adam and Eve. Was that on the album you listened to. Couldnt of been:stopitslime:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What album did you listen to?

Just listened to Adam and Eve. Was that on the album you listened to. Couldnt of been:stopitslime:

nah, he is correct...nas' flow on this album is very off and jarring

the lyrics are so ridiculous that it covers it, but yeah is rhyming off beat A LOT on this album

I just put it down to him being rusty :manny:...his tonal inflections are pretty off too. He needed a large pro to come and edit/manage the way he was delivering his rhymes like he did on illmatic.

Nas is definitely not rhyming butter smooth like he was on it was written/stillmatic or streets disciple

it's not that big of a deal though

Antdrewjosh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
joshua1012

the lyrics are so ridiculous that it covers it, but yeah is rhyming off beat A LOT on this album

I just put it down to him being rusty :manny:...his tonal inflections are pretty off too. He needed a large pro to come and edit/manage the way he was delivering his rhymes like he did on illmatic.

Nas is definitely not rhyming butter smooth like he was on it was written/stillmatic or streets disciple

I dont hear that at all. What songs??

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY

What? You guys shouldn't talk like you know anything.