Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Overall, it's just aiight, and it's not Nas' fault. I believe if Kanye and Nas spent a year or so on a project, we could've gotten something special. As it stands now though...this is a cool little demo tape for what could've been. :ld:
Appreciate it so our 757 homie has had the best release so far?

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Worst song on this jawn is Cops

Album is a 3.75 out 5 to me

Everything is beautiful
Adam and Eve got that mean bop
Simple things is fire
Not for radio fire

It's good but... idk so far my favorite album from this run been Daytona. Hope Nas over 110k first week then hit us with another album soon

:gucci:

nas and kanye/cyhi SNAPPED on cops.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Probably got him to keep it simple. You know Nas can almost over rap at times to the point that occassionally he sounds ahead of the beat
shyt is too simplified.

He sounds a little too relaxed. Like a majority of this was freestyled

Like even with the more mellow laid back tracks from LIG like Cherry Wine he flowed so effortlessly yet with a natural pace

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think this thing was presented so disjointed.. it got people confused.. they expected a type of nas.. we got nas on some crazy beats.. lyrically hes there, flow is not as sharp but its def tight on lots of tracks.. i feel alot of people's opinions will change when it drops in full.. on repeat listens im starting to see how this all fits together...plus we got 2 more songs!
What?

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
shyt is too simplified.

He sounds a little too relaxed. Like a majority of this was freestyled

Like even with the more mellow laid back tracks from LIG like Cherry Wine he flowed so effortlessly yet with a natural pace

I mean he sounded fine on Adam and Eve and Cops but sure, 2011-2013 (Dare I say up to 2016) Nas was on a run but I guess he needed that No ID coaching. We'll see how the long term replay value of it is. Salaam Remi thought Nas should have gone hard on made you look but his slower flow worked on some Rakim tribute shyt. He has been on some kick my feet up and enjoy life stuff for a minute now

Dylmatic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
France
Listening to the stream rip right now, and im loving it. Cant wait for the CDQ.

Its an unique Nas album it doesnt sound like anything he's done before and thats a good thing if you ask me.

They thought I'd make another Illmatic
But it's always forward I'm movin'
Never backwards stupid here's another classic :ahh:

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
so far off one listen i dont like it. but that cops beats hard af:ohlawd: i think pusha shouldve the beat or got a verse. beat would fit him perfectly

Last edited:

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
If this came out in 05 , shyt woulda been a near classic. It’s a solid album from a first listen. But obviously I can see why cats thinks it’s underwhelming given the potential of a Kanye/Nas project.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Man I hope people dont start running around saying thats the verse is about. I just took it as Nas understanding the anxiety parents have seeing their kid in pain and having to take a needle shot:picard::pachaha:

nikkas gonna start running saying this on social media and the reviewers are gonna in on him.:snoop: Like when people thought We're Not Alone was about UFOs:heh:

I only listened once, but I thought he went further than just the pain of seeing a child sick lol

"Why'd you let them inject me, whose gonna know how the side effects are going to affect me"

Anti Vaccination is absurd, and I dislike hearing him take that stance, esp. rapping next to Kanye West, a giant among anti intellectuals and fools.