Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Everything - This isn't bad at all but it's pretty much Kanye featuring The-Dream & Nas :manny:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Adam and Eve - We've hit paydirt, gentlemen! Best track on here

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Worst song on this jawn is Cops

Album is a 3.75 out 5 to me

Everything is beautiful
Adam and Eve got that mean bop
Simple things is fire
Not for radio fire

It's good but... idk so far my favorite album from this run been Daytona. Hope Nas over 110k first week then hit us with another album soon

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Sat back and really aint fukked with any of these good music drops ..due to KoonYe deciding to go Alt-Right ..but I had to at least stream an illegal bootleg for the Gawd NAS Just To See what he has to say after 6 years since his last drop ... and I must say that halfway thru this shyt it is just not doing anything for me ... he just doesn’t sound inspired vocally or thematically ..especially coming off of his last two albums which were rather conceptual:mjcry:

No Break Beats On a Nas Project?
No storytelling track on a Nas project?
No concept track on a Nas project?

I guess “cops” is a bit of concept record but that beat is meh and putting KoonYe on a record about police brutality seems oxymoronic

This is fukked up man .. ima give it one more chance when I get a more clear copy but i can’t help but compare JayZ hitching his wagon to the stable minded NoID and seeing how amazing that record turned out and then seeing Nas put his faith in that enigmatic nikka Ye and these are the results we get :mjcry:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Everything - This isn't bad at all but it's pretty much Kanye featuring The-Dream & Nas :manny:
That singing sucks and just about ruins the song for me.

Dream is shytty...or is that Kanye's punk ass singing that trash hook? Either way this song blows.

Kanye is SO fukkIN TRASH now, this nikka is beyond overrated at this point. I sincerely hope he doesn't ruin this project.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
And honestly...Nas sounds like Nas. Not sure where yall are hearing this "slower flow"
It’s like Nas raps louder but has slowed down his flow.

So many pauses in between lines and shyt it sounds like he’s out of breath

There’s hardly any variation in the pace of his rhymes

But maybe I’m trippin and the production throwing me off :manny: