Reppin
LDN
Worst song on this jawn is Cops

Album is a 3.75 out 5 to me

Everything is beautiful
Adam and Eve got that mean bop
Simple things is fire
Not for radio fire

It's good but... idk so far my favorite album from this run been Daytona. Hope Nas over 110k first week then hit us with another album soon

:gucci: For real?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
It’s like Nas raps louder but has slowed down his flow.

So many pauses in between lines and shyt it sounds like he’s out of breath

There’s hardly any variation in the pace of his rhymes

But maybe I’m trippin and the production throwing me off :manny:
Honestly breh...I'm willing to chalk that up to dude recording this in quite literally a week :russ:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It’s like Nas raps louder but has slowed down his flow.

So many pauses in between lines and shyt it sounds like he’s out of breath

There’s hardly any variation in the pace of his rhymes

But maybe I’m trippin and the production throwing me off :manny:

Probably got him to keep it simple. You know Nas can almost over rap at times to the point that occassionally he sounds ahead of the beat

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
He definitely did. That...or he had the biggest fluke :dayum:

I mean all y'all had to do was look at that Instagram after the TMZ meltdown where the only 2 albums completed fully a month back were Daytona and Kids See Ghost. Is it any concidence they sound the most polished?

• Dap
Reactions: Jx2

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
On a first run through, obviously there is value and artistry in every Nas release, even in the later years of his career, but I'll take an uneven album with some moments of greatness, and a real sense of cohesion, like Life is Good, over a trip into the "delicate Genius" of Kanye's latest concepts, this just isn't really what I wanted, which is pretty wide at this point, but there's a few moments I like, or can appreciate.

The anti vaccination verse is ironically one of the stronger flow wise, I thought, and one of the better tracks. The third verse is fire. I don't really want to listen to Kanye do his harmonizing woe is me nonsense.

Simple Things has a fire beat, but the flow is way off to me. Overall, it sounds rushed, and unfocused, and typical of Kanye, his messy, deranged fingerprints are all over this.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I still like Ye though.

Just out of the 4 its the weakest one.

Kids See Ghosts was the biggest surprise for me. I knew Nas and Push were gonna come correct but KSG was fukking great and made washed up ass kid cudi hot again

:heh: But Ye got arguably the best song outta all the albums with ghost town pt 1

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Props to Ye for hooking Nas up like this. The listening party, flying everyone out, merch, etc.

Really made this release feel like a major fukking event which is what a god tier MC like Nas deserves, and hasn’t had in a long time.

I prefer this style of album roll outs over the typical, give you a weak radio club song then tease you up until the release. Its not like any of these projects other than ye had any chance of being played on the radio anyway. So why even continue to follow that played out as formula.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
On a first run through, obviously there is value and artistry in every Nas release, even in the later years of his career, but I'll take an uneven album with some moments of greatness, and a real sense of cohesion, like Life is Good, over a trip into the "delicate Genius" of Kanye's latest concepts, this just isn't really what I wanted, which is pretty wide at this point, but there's a few moments I like, or can appreciate.

The anti vaccination verse is ironically one of the stronger flow wise, I thought, and one of the better tracks. The third verse is fire. I don't really want to listen to Kanye do his harmonizing woe is me nonsense.

Simple Things has a fire beat, but the flow is way off to me. Overall, it sounds rushed, and unfocused, and typical of Kanye, his messy, deranged fingerprints are all over this.

Man I hope people dont start running around saying thats the verse is about. I just took it as Nas understanding the anxiety parents have seeing their kid in pain and having to take a needle shot:picard::pachaha:

nikkas gonna start running saying this on social media and the reviewers are gonna in on him.:snoop: Like when people thought We're Not Alone was about UFOs:heh: