Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
These Nas album threads are always funny to me.

I for the life of me will never understand why people entertain things they don't care about. For example there is a Cam'ron thread stickied about an album. I have zero posts in there because in 2023 I don't care about cam music. I wouldn't go in there and say "cam needs to get back xyz". I would let those fans enjoy the convo

.....on the other hand....

a lot of Nas fans (I'm a huge fan) are too sensitive over this shyt. I've LOVED the Nas And Hit run. I made a thread ranking the albums https://www.thecoli.com/threads/rank-the-nas-and-hit-boy-albums.988143/

but if other people think the music isn't good or they don't like it, they have the right to voice that opinion. It's a discussion board. I'm not talking about the haters and trolls that pop up in every thread comparing Nas numbers to Drake or some silly shyt. But fans who don't feel his new shyt.

It can be a balance. My 2 cents on it. Anyway I'm excited as hell. I would be excited if any of my favorite artist gave me this much quality music over this time frame. It's insane.

Everyone has the right to voice their opinion but if their on a MESSAGE BOARD making asinine or downright misinformed comments they deserve to be called out

I mean for the love of God a poster said that Nas needs to go back to making songs with Alchemist and listed Last Real N*gga Alive as an example of the Nas/Alch songs Nas should be making…

Alchemist had absolutely nothing to do with Last Real N*gga Alive.

nikkas just think they can come in a Nas thread saying anything and if they get checked its “Nas fans are so sensitive!!” Nah, your just retarded

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You didn't fukk with Ugly? I think its a top 5 joint from the Hitboy run.

This is where you guys got me wanting to argue. You can be a Hitboy stan without having to shyt on other artists/producers to prop him up . Mick Jenkins is dope and has absolutely been on some great production that Nas would sound dope over.

You guys really gonna talk shyt about "stuck in the 90s dusty old heads" like Nas didn't just shoot a music video for Motion, a dusty 90s style beat, wearing the same green army jacket get up from the It Ain't Hard To Tell video? Nas and Hit are making the same type of music you guys keep shytting on in an attempt to prop up Hitboy. The fukk is that about? Is Don't Shoot wack? It's one of the minimalist/drumless "nyquil" type beats you guys are shytting on. Thun is being posted as an example of one of Hit's best beats, and yet everyone knows it sounds like a Havoc beat. People saying they want Nas to just work with Havoc are bums though? Behind the times? Goofy shyt.

Hitboy is not the greatest producer of all time. It is possible for other people to have good production as well. You guys are doing too much and stanning way too hard. It's embarrassing.

I don't fukk with Ugly. He was spitting but I didn't like that "beat" which is a shame because I actually really liked the beat on the lead in to the song and would have preferred he spit over that instead.

But I loved the second half of WTFSMH.

Some drumless shyt is cool here and there but some artist OD on that shyt and it's too much.

Give me a good drum loop over drumless shyt 9 times out of 10

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
A

Although you make some good points at times, you come off as a hater, just give your two cents and keep it moving breh, there's no need for all this in EVERY new Nas music thread... WE GET IT !!!
Nah, that's just you trying to put me in a box. I didn't care for about half of Magic 2 and the first KD, but I've been in these thread praising what Hitboy and Nas have been doing during their run since KD2. Magic and KD2 are 2 of my most listened to albums of the last 5 years.

I've been critical about the way the beats have been mixed, but other than that, the only thing I've done to get the stans pissy is give my opinion on who I'd like to see Nas work with post Hitboy. That and defending other artists they've been hating on to prop up Hitboy.
You’ve got it the other way around. It’s the fukk Hit Boy coalition that started with the bullshyt back when Magic 2 was announced. They fukked up the whole vibe of the release thread.

All we are telling them is if you don’t like Hit or his music, get out if this thread because you are not going to give Magic 3 a fair shake and all you’ll do is fukk up the vibe and derail the thread.
There are always going to be trolls in Nas threads. If someone is on some hater shyt and posting in bad faith, why even bother trying to have a discussion? This isn't Higher Learning. You guys realize trying to defend Hitboy against every bit of criticism is doing the same thing to fukk the vibe up? Everyone has their own opinions and not everybody is worth responding to. Taking the bait and trying to have discussions with bad faith posters just leads to you guys saying some wild shyt that I know you don't even believe.

Nas and Hit just announced that this is their last album together. What type of production Nas will go to next is extremely relevant to this announcement.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
I don't fukk with Ugly. He was spitting but I didn't like that "beat" which is a shame because I actually really liked the beat on the lead in to the song and would have preferred he spit over that instead.

But I loved the second half of WTFSMH.

Some drumless shyt is cool here and there but some artist OD on that shyt and it's too much.

Give me a good drum loop over drumless shyt 9 times out of 10
I agree with you 100%, but I think building peaks and valleys throughout an album or even a song can do a lot to enhance the experience. Bringing in downtempo/drumless/minimalist beats to change the energy up can make the drums hit even harder on the next track. Take this song for example

If we're being real the second beat wouldn't be that impressive on its own, but the build up with the drumless intro turns it into an instant face scruncher when it drops.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:umad:

I know you're not trying to pop shyt, you are the most embarrassing of all of the stans. You come off borderline autistic repeating yourself over and over again in every thread. :mjlol: You straight up said you think Nas and Hitboy are the only ones making quality music for the last few years. At best you're sheltered and delusional, at worst you're mentally ill with an unhealthy obsession. You take every opportunity you can to come off corny. Defending Hitboy should not be anyone's full time job.
You sound you like you have the obsession with me, watching my post like a stalker ex :mjlol: Nas and Hit Boy have been the only ones dropping consistently dope music the last 3 years. I know you hate to hear that, but it’s true. It’s people like you that sound like, you have no female interaction. Any beat or song that ain’t dusty you don’t like. I’m going to pop more s*** tomorrow too.:ufdup:

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
I will never understand the Hit Boy opposition. Nas was wrongly and unfairly branded as a poor beat selector coming off what many considered his best album since Stillmatic (Life is Good)

Hit Boy changed the entire narrative in 45 minutes back in 2020. You will never hear me criticize Hit Boy or his production. Who in the hell knows what Nas was about to sound like following what he put out with Lost Tapes 2 and that “Jerreau of Rap” single.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
You sound you like you have the obsession with me, watching my post like a stalker ex :mjlol: Nas and Hit Boy have been the only ones dropping consistently dope music the last 3 years. I know you hate to hear that, but it’s true. It’s people like you that sound like, you have no female interaction. Any beat or song that ain’t dusty you don’t like. I’m going to pop more s*** tomorrow too.:ufdup:
Bro, no one believes a goofy weirdo like you has had any p*ssy in your entire life that you didn't pay for. I don't know why you thought you could bring some shyt like that up and pull it off. I can guarantee I have a lot more women around me than you do, not that it has any bearing on the topic Nas and Hitboy, who most women don't even listen to. :why: :mjlol:

You think Nas is the only one dropping consistently good music in the last 3 years, cool. That's true to you. That's your opinion. Telling me I only like dusty shyt, though? You can't be fukking serious. I actually listen to new artists and new music. You don't even play shyt outside of Nas and you're telling me I'm dusty? You're a whole weirdo.

I keep telling you about trying to fit people in these neat little boxes. The world doesn't work that way. People like what they like, and everybody has their own opinion. Your opinion is not more correct than anyone else's. You'd think a grown ass, non-dusty, p*ssy hound like you would have learned some perspective by this point in your life. Going around telling people who they are based on some shyt you made up is how little kids argue. Smarten up dummy.