Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
So are we gonna talk about these nikkas creating entire "series" from throwaway songs or nah?
full

Icewatermetallik

TheEastisintheHouse
Daps
I think it’s the Fruity Loops sound and low quality sample sources. I don’t think Hit is sampling vinyl. Probably YouTube MP3s, Sample packs, etc

The dynamics are already gone by the time it gets to the engineer.

It Works for trap but it sounds off when it comes to boombap

You might be right, I always wondered if it was the software or program (Friuty loops) rather than the actual mixing or mastering. The engineer has nothing to do with it. I was never a huge fan of FL. Always like ProTools more.....sounds more professional.

The fact that Hit also ain't a vinyl head like Primo or Alc and he's not directly sampling from the vinyl probably affects the sound quality.

Or that the sample packs and plugins for Fruity Loops are inferior to other sample packs for Pro Tools or Reason.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
What many of y'all don't get is that Nas has said repeatedly that him and Hit-Boy have a great chemistry. They are friends too. Hit has said that whereas other rappers just come into the studio and pick the beats they like and bounce, Nas and him actually hangout in the studio, chill, smoke, vibe and create the songs together. Hit posts many videos of this on his IG.

Nas even rapped it on "The Tide" where he states " Hit is more loyal than some of these dudes I used to do tapes with, they gotta face it" .....

So ask yourselves, does Nas have this same chemistry with Alc? Primo? Pete? Large Pro?

Maybe that's why we never got the Nas/Primo album yet......Nas don't feel the vibes the same way as with Hit

Been saying this for YEARS

Track Masters
Salaam Remi
Hit Boy

Are the three production entities with which Nas has publicly praised as the people who actually locked in with him and a chemistry and energy was established. You could throw Will I Am into that mix too for Hip Hop Is Dead. It HAS to be organic and if its rushed or forced then you get something like Nasir or Nastradamus.

If Nas wanted to lock in with Alchemist he would’ve done so by now. If he wanted that grimy Griselda sound, he would’ve utilized it. And so on and so forth.

I don't need them to baptize each other's kids or none of that, just make ish like "last real nikka alive"

Lmao Alchemist didn’t even produce Last Real N*gga Alive it was Ron Browz

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's been his work ethic. That's why Nas had so many unreleased tracks and lost tapes. The difference now is that with one producer he was knocking them out and putting them out right away on his label. So we think that it's some unprecedented shyt from the outside looking in. Yet he's been creating this prolifically his whole career.

Now after this we prob getting a breather for a while so it's not too much for me.

Hopefully up next Nas and V-Don :whew:
Good point.And I never understand why people act like they have to rush to play the music. If you haven’t finished digesting Magic 2 its not like you are going to go to jail. You will have plenty of time to digest the entire series the remainder of your life.

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia
I was kinda hoping for another KD to close out the run, but fukk it, I'll take it :yeshrug:

Really hoping we get some Wu features on this one... surely they recorded something when they were on tour together

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Retire old man

:laff:So mad that Nas is still putting out quality music that they want him to quit. Pathetic.

I'm going to get shytted on but come the fukk ON HUMANS!

Magic series>>>>KD

I have it for the KD series right now but there's an argument that Magic is the best album of the run. 3 could tip the scales.