Nas - "Life Is Good" First Week Sales Thread **Ends 7/16/12**

Blackgate

💩🔛🤡🤡🤡
Daps
just got mine today...cd sound cleaner than that pre realeased/leaked shyt i heard...

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Honestly now that I think about it, Def Jam did WAYYYY TOO MUCH promotion on Life Is Good to turn around and purposefully sabatoge Nas buy consciously under shipping the album. My new thought process on the matter is that Def Jam more than likely assumed that most music sales nowadays are digital. Kanye West's MBDTF, Jay-Z and Ye's Watch The Throne and Frank fakkit's Channel Feminine all had very impressive first week iTunes sales amd all were Def Jam releases. Most everybody I know who I work with who bought the album (quite a few) copped it straight off iTunes. Only one dude I know, whose a Nas stan like me went out and got the physical copy. My best friend who works at best buy says that they only got 200 copies of Life Is Good and they sold out three days ago and that most of the people who brought the standard version were upset that they couldn't get the deluxe with the t-shirt. Most buyers sole purpose it seems in copping the CD from retail was for the T-Shirt. iTunes even nets you an EXTRA bonus track and 2 music videos for the price of $14.99. You can't really beat that deal even with a t-shirt.

I'd like to see once its all said and done and the first week numbers come out how much were digital versus physical

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Def Jam dropped the ball big time...fukk was they thinkin..the nikka goes gold without promotion...why wouldnt they think he would sell with ALL the promo they been givin him?..

Rigamortus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mile High City
dawson_crying.gif

I should've bet 135k-200k.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey guys, pardon my ignorance, but would one of you kindly answer this question for me:

Are these numbers counting international sales as well, or is it just domestic (U.S and Canada)

ie. the album went on sale in some places overseas before we got a chance to buy it, how does that get integrated or incorporated into the first week sales.

Thank you