Nas - "Life Is Good" First Week Sales Thread **Ends 7/16/12**

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
based off all the stories i've been hearing of stores being sold out of copies means the album was definitely under shipped and he could have cracked 200,000 first week had it not been for that.

Yea my best friend who still works at Best Buy said they sold out of their initial shipments two days ago and they only got 200 copies. In comparison, I remember when Inwas working at Best Buy in 06 and Kingdom Come dropped we got like 800 copies and when Hip Hop Is Dead dropped we got something Like 400 if memory serves...

STILL can't get a copy myself :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
Yea my best friend who still works at Best Buy said they sold out of their initial shipments two days ago and they only got 200 copies. In comparison, I remember when Inwas working at Best Buy in 06 and Kingdom Come dropped we got like 800 copies and when Hip Hop Is Dead dropped we got something Like 400 if memory serves...

SRILL can't get a copy myself :snoop:
What i don't get is, how can Def Jam promote Life Is Good the way they have then significantly under ship the album?? :what:

Meanwhile Tha Carter IV did 960,000 first week :beli:

shyt is beyond comprehension :snoop:

iMajor

MartinLouisTheKingJr
Daps
Reppin
shutter island
Yeah I went to best buys and it was sold out. So I had to go to target it had to be undership. I say this is a bad bet if it was undershipped man we got cheated!!! This album is way too dope to have 150k

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
What about iTunes download? Those are counted separately, right?

No they count towards his first week. I've already purchased the iTunes version but I want a physical for my collection. I have every Nas album (including QB Finest) Jay-Z album, Common Album and Roots album
and I intend on carrying on tradition

GETTINIT23

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
went to my local best buy and target...completely sold out at best buy....deluxe sold out at target and they had 3 regular versions left

iMajor

MartinLouisTheKingJr
Daps
Reppin
shutter island
This album is a complete masterpiece the deluxe album :ohlawd:

Nas picked such beautiful beats and features :noah:

My first nas album and I am well pleased :ahh:

No skips on this album :wow:

Who dropping this year? K.dot & good music? Nas got the best album this year :stylin:

In honor of this album I will start posting :ahh: instead of :noah: in the rep thread

One time for TBM :ahh:

Two time for life is good :ahh: :ahh:

Nas didn't lose this time! He most def should have sold over 200k, def jam playing games.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
You know what though, only hip hop fans are so caught up on first week sales. If there is a demand for this album, it will be shipped and available to buy in the coming days. The true commercial success of an album is defined by the longevity of its sales, not just what it did the first week. As long as the album debuts at no. 1 then it was good. You'd much rather have multiple 6 figure weeks in sales than one at 150,000 and then a fall off to around 50,000, and then out of the top 50 by week 3. Either way, true heads know this was a great album, and that's all that really matters since the only thing we stand to benefit is more Coli cash if we bet right.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
You know what though, only hip hop fans are so caught up on first week sales. If there is a demand for this album, it will be shipped and available to buy in the coming days. The true commercial success of an album is defined by the longevity of its sales, not just what it did the first week. As long as the album debuts at no. 1 then it was good. You'd much rather have multiple 6 figure weeks in sales than one at 150,000 and then a fall off to around 50,000, and then out of the top 50 by week 3. Either way, true heads know this was a great album, and that's all that really matters since the only thing we stand to benefit is more Coli cash if we bet right.

I agree that sales don't matter in terms of the music, but if we're looking at sales first week matters because the numbers drop off quickly unless you're like Lady Gaga, Adele etc. I don't think everyone who walked into a store to get this CD and found it sold out is going to turn around and necessarily buy it next week..