Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since the dark ages from 2013-2017 Nas has released an album every single year since. If we want to dwell in the past then we’ll never appreciate the present. Nas said KD3 on the way on Magic and that means KD3 is on the way. The only real suspense is what month he’ll drop it

yep.

Youd think he’d wait a little while till the fall or winter after dropping back to back albums so quickly

But if he can make 2 great albums whithin 4 months then I guess it’s not crazy to think we’ll get another one around the summer time

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
He finally completed his deal with Def Jam and moved to Mass Appeal full-time. Also, he became a lot more interested in the business world so he might be making up for lost time.

The Lost Tapes II was a dead project for years. It was originally supposed to come out in 2003, but it didn't happen. Then Nas was trying to put it out on Def Jam in 2010, but the label was mishandling the budget and he called them out on it in an angry email.

A year after Nasir came out, the first official Nas project on Mass Appeal was The Lost Tapes II.

Nas has always spent a lot of time in the studio, but his vision for certain albums (I Am..., Street's Disciple, Untitled) was messed with because the label didn't get it or changes were being made at the last minute. Now, he has the chance to take his time and really think about every album he makes, which he didn't have before.

Also, Nas found a perfect collaborator in Hit Boy, someone who boosted his confidence and kept him from thinking too hard about his lyrics. He learned to stop overthinking in the studio from working with Hit Boy and have more faith in his bars. They could be having a conversation and Hit Boy will tell Nas that he should use it as a bar. Then it turns into a fully realized track.

So, it's a combination of Nas redirecting his focus towards music, no longer being affected by label politics, and developing a close friendship with one of the best producers in the game right now that's created this current era.

this

and also hit boy allowed him to have a wide variety of beats without calling different producers, thats how crazy hit range is.

hit boy beats are old school and modern at the same time so Nas don't sound like the old school rapper tryin to look cool or the backpacker stuck in the 90's

and more important hit boy single handedly deaded the nas' can't pick beats narrative and nas don't have to make obvious and/or silly radio attempt no more. He's more free that he ever was

Last edited:

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I absolutely LOVE Hit’s beats but Imma need him to allow Rozay to be present in the lab with him and give some constructive input on making a beat for an ambitious song like that. Ross has a seriously great ear for beats, so imagine a Rozay-influenced Hit-Boy beat on KDIII with both Ross and Drizzy (have him provide the hook too) with them talking that luxurious boss shyt with a lil nostalgia added in there with a late summer vibe…..shyt will sound like a whole movie and be oh so immaculate :wow::ohlawd: Might even end up being one of the biggest songs from the album.

Also I agree, I think KDIII should be a double album with Disc 1 being more old school, classic NaS for the old heads and the OG NaS fans and Disc 2 being more modern yet hungry NaS for the younger Gen Z crowd who may not be too familiar with NaS and late millennials such as myself who came up on NaS from the Stillmatic era-onwards.
A Nas, Drake and Ross song would be crazyyy. Can you imagine it dropping as a lead single with a dope video along with it? Also I think Hit would Give Nas and Jay some fire to rap over.

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
little to no features would be dope like with Magic

but if we're making wishlists:

Wu-Tang for the Kids Remix w/Ghost, Rae and Meth
Jadakiss or Styles
I'd love to hear a Nas/Cormega reminiscing song, maybe Jungle throws in a few bars

if he continues to have unexpected newer guys, then I'd pick Earl Sweatshirt

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
I gotta admit as much as I liked KD2 after that album I was ready for him to branch out to more street sh1t producers but then he hit us with Magic :wow:

I’m now hooked on the duo and think Nas should keep hitboy

“They said me and Hit-Boy are like the new Gang Starr” :wow: