Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I’d love to see Nas reunite Andre and Big Boi for an Outkast feature. If he could get Lauryn Hill out if seclusion he can do ANYTHING.

Also I think Nas working with more old school legends would be interesting. I’d love to see him on tracks with Stevie Wonder, Santana, Sade, Anita Baker, etc. maybe get some work in with Robert Glasper, Jill Scott, or Erykah Badu.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Also I think Nas working with more old school legends would be interesting. I’d love to see him on tracks with Stevie Wonder, Santana, Sade, Anita Baker, etc. maybe get some work in with Robert Glasper, Jill Scott, or Erykah Badu.

Would love to see a collab with Sade, but that's one of the only features I think Nas (or anybody) would have a hard time getting.

If they're not gonna bring Charlie Wilson back in, it would be dope for someone unexpected like Stephanie Mills to fill that role. She still sounds great and we know Nas is a huge fan.

Last edited:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I don’t read/watch all the interviews, what inspired him to go so hard with dropping music these last 4 years? Before that, he had us starving. Thankful for the change in output, just want to know what sparked it.

He finally completed his deal with Def Jam and moved to Mass Appeal full-time. Also, he became a lot more interested in the business world so he might be making up for lost time.

The Lost Tapes II was a dead project for years. It was originally supposed to come out in 2003, but it didn't happen. Then Nas was trying to put it out on Def Jam in 2010, but the label was mishandling the budget and he called them out on it in an angry email.

A year after Nasir came out, the first official Nas project on Mass Appeal was The Lost Tapes II.

Nas has always spent a lot of time in the studio, but his vision for certain albums (I Am..., Street's Disciple, Untitled) was messed with because the label didn't get it or changes were being made at the last minute. Now, he has the chance to take his time and really think about every album he makes, which he didn't have before.

Also, Nas found a perfect collaborator in Hit Boy, someone who boosted his confidence and kept him from thinking too hard about his lyrics. He learned to stop overthinking in the studio from working with Hit Boy and have more faith in his bars. They could be having a conversation and Hit Boy will tell Nas that he should use it as a bar. Then it turns into a fully realized track.

So, it's a combination of Nas redirecting his focus towards music, no longer being affected by label politics, and developing a close friendship with one of the best producers in the game right now that's created this current era.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Excuse me while I reserve a seat up in here :ahh:

As for features I would like to hear on it?

A$AP Rocky (fukking killed his verse on Wave Gods, took me back to the 2011-2013 A$AP when dude was HUNGRY :wow:)
Joey Bada$$
Larry June
Lil Baby
Cordae
Raekwon
Q-Tip
Freddie Gibbs
Charlie Wilson
Thundercat
Robert Glasper (keyboard notes and bass)
DJ Premier (scratches, chops, maybe a sample, and send a vocal shoutout)
Rapsody
Mos Def
Jill Scott
Kendrick Lamar

fukk it, I'm perfectly fine with Jay-Z making a surprise appearance too :yeshrug:

As for the sound, I love the balance KDII had going for it with the funky shyt (The Pressure, My Bible), the modern Boom Bap shyt (Rare, Store Run), the Trap shyt (40 Side, YKTV), the nostalgic-sounding shyt (Moments, Nobody), the sonically ambiguous shyt (Count Me In), the old school shyt (No Phony Love), the positive uplifting/inspiring shyt (Composure), etc. So it will be very interesting to see if KDIII can top all of that.

Also, I still wish NaS and Hit could've reached out to OutKast for feature on Count Me In :mjcry: Hell they could've at least hit up Big Boi for that feature, dude would be possessed by that beat :whew::whew:
I want Roc Marci and Curren$y to make an appearance. Especially since he was wearing Curren$y clothing line.

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
Andre 3 stacks
Drake
Jay-z
Kendrick Lamar
The Firm
SZA
would be my choice of guests.

Good choices. Feel like this the last installment in the KD series so it should be a more high profile project with more guests. It'd be dope if he made a joint that covers the sounds of his whole career. Disc one being a throwback sound with guest spots like Jay, The Firm, Mary J. Feel like Jada and Styles and Rae gotta be on that half one too. More modern half, you could have a Kendrick and SZA track, a track with Ty Dolla or Don Toliver, Lil Baby. Always thought a Nas-Ross-Drake track would be crazy

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
I want Roc Marci and Curren$y to make an appearance. Especially since he was wearing Curren$y clothing line.

I was just thinking about Curren$y too. Larry June is one of Curren$y’s brainchildren and I’ve always wanted to hear Larry spit some smooth playa shyt and healthy lifestyle shyt alongside NaS over some Hit-Boy production.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas already “announced” it on Magic. I’m thinking either July or August

Nas also had a song called “Nas album done” in 2015 when clearly he didn’t so you can’t always just go by him mentioning it in a song but with how prolific he’s been lately there was more reason to believe it this time

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Good choices. Feel like this the last installment in the KD series so it should be a more high profile project with more guests. It'd be dope if he made a joint that covers the sounds of his whole career. Disc one being a throwback sound with guest spots like Jay, The Firm, Mary J. Feel like Jada and Styles and Rae gotta be on that half one too. More modern half, you could have a Kendrick and SZA track, a track with Ty Dolla or Don Toliver, Lil Baby. Always thought a Nas-Ross-Drake track would be crazy

I absolutely LOVE Hit’s beats but Imma need him to allow Rozay to be present in the lab with him and give some constructive input on making a beat for an ambitious song like that. Ross has a seriously great ear for beats, so imagine a Rozay-influenced Hit-Boy beat on KDIII with both Ross and Drizzy (have him provide the hook too) with them talking that luxurious boss shyt with a lil nostalgia added in there with a late summer vibe…..shyt will sound like a whole movie and be oh so immaculate :wow::ohlawd: Might even end up being one of the biggest songs from the album.

Also I agree, I think KDIII should be a double album with Disc 1 being more old school, classic NaS for the old heads and the OG NaS fans and Disc 2 being more modern yet hungry NaS for the younger Gen Z crowd who may not be too familiar with NaS and late millennials such as myself who came up on NaS from the Stillmatic era-onwards.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Nas also had a song called “Nas album done” in 2015 when clearly he didn’t so you can’t always just go by him mentioning it in a song but with how prolific he’s been lately there was more reason to believe it this time

Since the dark ages from 2013-2017 Nas has released an album every single year since. If we want to dwell in the past then we’ll never appreciate the present. Nas said KD3 on the way on Magic and that means KD3 is on the way. The only real suspense is what month he’ll drop it

L $ C

Superstar
Daps
id like to see a few big names on this one to see how they sound...Drake Kendrick maybe someone else

wouldnt mind seeing more experimental out the box type stuff too though with artists from other genres