Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He doesn't. I'm a Preemo stan forever but what I'd really like with nas and Preemo at this point is an EP. Gimme like 5 joints that are really natural and unforced. Don't try to overcook it. Bang out some songs and the first 5 joints that they really fukk with, and just throw those to us. Maybe have one feature, tops. I'd much rather than than them feel like they gotta give us 10-12 because it's been such a long wait.

Preemo has less range at this point in his career, and a strong 5-piece combo would be a project people would appreciate without it sounding too stale. I think a full album with these 2 would sound stale at this point in time.

We won't know how it'll sound until they actually get in the studio and lock in. It's a lot more focus going into an album than if they just do a song here and there. They're going to both give it their all. An EP isn't enough when they've been teasing this for 20 years. If it's for the people who have been asking for this give them a full album so they don't feel cheated. Why go into it scared? Nas and Primo always fit.

The fact that Nas hinted at doing it means he's open to working with someone other than Hit Boy.

Would you be okay with someone who is still working at a high level like Alchemist or Madlib?

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
Ran this back a few times working out early this morning and while taking the kids to school. Nas did it again y'all. Linking with Hit Boy was the best thing Nas has done in years. Approaching 50, he has really unlock another chamber and has been tapping into it effortlessly.

Ellen Degeneres

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ran this back a few times working out early this morning and while taking the kids to school. Nas did it again y'all. Linking with Hit Boy was the best thing Nas has done in years. Approaching 50, he has really unlock another chamber and has been tapping into it effortlessly.
Feels like he's much more willing to tap into the Illmatic type sounds everyone always wanted, but he refused to do. On some life's golden autumn, looking back shyt. Really bittersweet :mjcry:

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
Em don't have the classics to be on that list. Stop the madness
Man gtfoh for trying to tell me who should be on my shyt. My list is about nikkas who had impact on the rap game and Em definitely has the classics & impact in hip-hop to be on the list.

MMLP
The Eminem Show
Recovery
Music To Be Murdered By (off side A alone)

Most nikkas don't want to give him his respect cuz he's white. Jay, Nas, Cube etc., all have had a few wack albums at some point in their careers.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
The only thing i can say about people criticizing the production is that they are listening to it on some weak headphones or a weak system...

and I'm not saying the beats are out this world & are classic shyt but they are like the other LP's, his production are capturing the vibe to what Nas is saying on the mic & that creates a good album.

Somebody could told Nas to practice his MJ "Shamone" though :scust:

People are just programmed to how rap recycles the same beats and cadences.. albums like this where you may hear a saxophone is culture shock to nyggas

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Going on 30 Summers

UnsightlyGleefulCanadagoose-size_restricted.gif