Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
What Kanye clip did he ever say Jay Elect wrote with Nas?

Only clip i’ve ever seen of Kanye on Drink Champs specifically talking about Nas is when he said Nas was the fated to be the greatest rapper who ever lived.

And Dream Hampton is STILL on that bullshyt!??!?!! EVERYBODY involved called her out on that shyt and her dumb ass STILL doubling down on some Kyrie shyt?!!
Can’t front bro. The fact Jay Elect had the audacity to call Ye about it is kinda telling imo. Ye is incoherent as fukk so who knows.

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
That doesn’t apply to Jay Elect cause Jay Elect ain’t nowhere near Nas on the balance scale so for him to call Ye is wild in itself imo. Even if he did write a verse for him.

as you can imagine the whole interview incoherent so trying to understand what Kanye's point was is confusing. Let alone him trying to explain what Jay Elec meant. So i'll give Jay Elec the benefit of the doubt, given it was Kanye rambling and Jay Elec always shows love to Nas so doubt he would get that offended by Kanye putting Nas over him particularly given it was under the basis that Nas is Kanye's favourite rapper so Nas beats everyone

A no feature Nas album going to be interesting if true if that also means no collabs with non rappers either i.e Charlie Wilson. Lost Tapes only Nas album to date with no features. Or does that also have a feature I'm forgetting?

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
What Kanye clip did he ever say Jay Elect wrote with Nas?

Only clip i’ve ever seen of Kanye on Drink Champs specifically talking about Nas is when he said Nas was the fated to be the greatest rapper who ever lived.

And Dream Hampton is STILL on that bullshyt!??!?!! EVERYBODY involved called her out on that shyt and her dumb ass STILL doubling down on some Kyrie shyt?!!
yeah she still on it said'' y'all chose to ignore the album credits" then deleted it like 5 minutes later :russ:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Can’t front bro. The fact Jay Elect had the audacity to call Ye about it is kinda telling imo.

Nas has straight up said Jay Elect didn’t write for him. So SOMEBODY is lying and i’m more inclined to believe the man whose been writing the best verses in Hip Hop since he was 17, verses his own opps and enemies have quoted with reverence mind you; over “crazy” Kanye West and Dream Hampton who is a Jigga warrior

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
on that reddit post. can't front, can totally here the below with Nas' flow and cadence

“It’s comedy, it’s hilarious. Look yourself in the mirror tell me times ain’t the scariest. For droppin’ album after album like this is various artist compilation / but this is me and HB, and this shyt take concentration.“

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
That doesn’t apply to Jay Elect cause Jay Elect ain’t nowhere near Nas on the balance scale so for him to call Ye is wild in itself imo. Even if he did write a verse for him. Does make me think tho.
The disclaimers in my mind are that Jay Elect has some issues with drinking/alcoholism and gets emotional at times. On the other hand he's also shown nothing but love for Nas since coming in the game, and iirc Nas was the first major rapper to give him respect. So I don't think he meant it as disrespect, moreso like "we worked together and exchanged ideas/lines."

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
The disclaimers in my mind are that Jay Elect has some issues with drinking/alcoholism and gets emotional at times. On the other hand he's also shown nothing but love for Nas since coming in the game, and iirc Nas was the first major rapper to give him respect. So I don't think he meant it as disrespect, moreso like "we worked together and exchanged ideas/lines."
Just Blaze flat said Jay Elec ain’t write for Nas as well. He made the beat. I’m pretty sure he gave Nas pointers on how to rap to it.