Nas - I Am... (Original Version, 29 Tracks)

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
is this version of the bootleg actually existed ?

F7sfxxWWcAAYTAz

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
1. WRONG it contains 3 tracks not on any albums

2. its an original leak, a mastered 1999 copy

3. sony doesnt have to work on completed songs in they vault, they jus release them :dahell:
All of the songs have been leaked or released already.

You can go check the quality of them, same as what has been out already.

Sony only gave cosign to compile songs already available on the internet, that was the discussion before this came out. Alot of people thought they were gonna fully mix and release all the tracks that didnt come out on official albums, and I think that was your stance or else you wouldn't have quoted me.

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
All of the songs have been leaked or released already.

You can go check the quality of them, same as what has been out already.
incorrect and incorrect
Which albums are Day Dreaming and Hardest Thing to do is Stay Alive on?
exactly he is purposely being obtuse

album contains 3 tracks, damn
To keep it real i’m fairly certain the only song we’ve never heard in full from the I Am sessions is The Curse.

nah thers a GRIP of songs we havent heard

at least 10 i can think of

curse is the only snippet we have never heard in full

that piece of lying gutter trash @vampirextc always said he had it :pacspit:

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
incorrect and incorrect

exactly he is purposely being obtuse

album contains 3 tracks, damn

nah thers a GRIP of songs we havent heard

at least 10 i can think of

curse is the only snippet we have never heard in full

that piece of lying gutter trash @vampirextc always said he had it :pacspit:

I said all along it would be the same versions already available off leaks from the net. You and others tried to cap and say Sony would have some involvement of "unlocking the vaults" and mastered versions. Sit down.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sony has no contribution to this other than a co-sign. Sorry to say, but songs like Day dreamin, Sometimes, and Hardest thing are going to be the exact same quality as the ones from the OG 13 track leak..

its Sony releasing it LOL

its they label

Like what are we doing here, I told y'all what it was well before release and you tried to say cuz it had Sony on the label that it was gonna be more. It wasn't. Give props for the info, don't hate on me. :pacspit:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
At the end of the day its been confirmed that neither Nas nor Steve Stoute had settled on a final tracklisting for the planned double album concept of I Am. We can loosely piece together a concept and sequencing because songs like Undying Love, Amongst Kings, Drunk By Myself and Fetus play into a narrative (an INCREDIBLE narrative I might add) but we don’t know if songs like Hate Me Now or Life Is What You Make It would’ve ended up on that iteration of the album or even songs like Pray (which would’ve needed a Nas verse) and other loosies. Hell for all we know Day Dreamin Stay Schemin and Sometimes I Wonder were ever meant to see the light of day once they started actually putting the album together for final sequencing.

So this Bootleg release is a way for long time fans to relive the hype of that initial leak and for new fans to revisit a time when Nas was red hot and running the game. I think its a good move by Sony who more than likely want to cash in on the newfound Nas hype in 2023 due to the six album run, the Grammy nominations, and the Hip Hop 50 celebrations. It helps Nas because even though he’s not directly involved, it keeps his name out there. The announcement a few months ago had I Am trending on Twitter for 48 hours. A damn near twenty five year old album’s BOOTLEG release was trending, thats unheard of.

I’ve said before I highly doubt Nas would care to go back and revisit I Am and make the double album. It doesn’t really make sense from a business perspective and Nas already put out a Double Album with Streets Disciple, so its not like he never scratched that creative itch. Hell we could technically say KD2/Magic and Magic 2/3 are double albums in the sense that he put out two albums of brand new music in the same year, and he did TWICE. So I doubt Nas is all that nostalgic to go and piece together an album that we’ve heard most of the songs from in some form or fashion already. Especially if its not a Mass Appeal project.

I think the fact we got the leak on official Vinyl is dope. Some of those YouTube classic songs now have an official home and its two different ways of experiencing an album that really has an extremely interesting position in Hip Hop history and Nas lore.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
At the end of the day its been confirmed that neither Nas nor Steve Stoute had settled on a final tracklisting for the planned double album concept of I Am. We can loosely piece together a concept and sequencing because songs like Undying Love, Amongst Kings, Drunk By Myself and Fetus play into a narrative (an INCREDIBLE narrative I might add) but we don’t know if songs like Hate Me Now or Life Is What You Make It would’ve ended up on that iteration of the album or even songs like Pray (which would’ve needed a Nas verse) and other loosies. Hell for all we know Day Dreamin Stay Schemin and Sometimes I Wonder were ever meant to see the light of day once they started actually putting the album together for final sequencing.

So this Bootleg release is a way for long time fans to relive the hype of that initial leak and for new fans to revisit a time when Nas was red hot and running the game. I think its a good move by Sony who more than likely want to cash in on the newfound Nas hype in 2023 due to the six album run, the Grammy nominations, and the Hip Hop 50 celebrations. It helps Nas because even though he’s not directly involved, it keeps his name out there. The announcement a few months ago had I Am trending on Twitter for 48 hours. A damn near twenty five year old album’s BOOTLEG release was trending, thats unheard of.

I’ve said before I highly doubt Nas would care to go back and revisit I Am and make the double album. It doesn’t really make sense from a business perspective and Nas already put out a Double Album with Streets Disciple, so its not like he never scratched that creative itch. Hell we could technically say KD2/Magic and Magic 2/3 are double albums in the sense that he put out two albums of brand new music in the same year, and he did TWICE. So I doubt Nas is all that nostalgic to go and piece together an album that we’ve heard most of the songs from in some form or fashion already. Especially if its not a Mass Appeal project.

I think the fact we got the leak on official Vinyl is dope. Some of those YouTube classic songs now have an official home and its two different ways of experiencing an album that really has an extremely interesting position in Hip Hop history and Nas lore.
Yup, Nas has said that he was so fukked up when the original leak came out that he just wanted to move on from it, and he could not even remember what songs were gonna be on the original tracklisting if he tried.

Alot of the fan mades are a better representation than this, but it's nice to have some kind of physical version of that album in my collection other than as mp3s on the computer.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Yup, Nas has said that he was so fukked up when the original leak came out that he just wanted to move on from it, and he could not even remember what songs were gonna be on the original tracklisting if he tried.

Alot of the fan mades are a better representation than this, but it's nice to have some kind of physical version of that album in my collection other than as mp3s on the computer.

Nas actually wanted to push the date up and put the album out, when the leaks got crazy. Sony had lost a lot of bread by then, so they made him go back in and make all new sh*t. It was a rush job. He didn't want to, but with the label already losing so much money, that was bread Nas was going to have to recoup.

So recording the new songs for both the new version of the album at the same time he did the work for Nastradamus was the best way for him not to owe as much off the advance for the OG I Am.