Nas - I Am... (Original Version, 29 Tracks)

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I am spawned multiple albums but the initial leaks werent single friendly because the album was supposed to be a return to form

hate me now and nas is like was recorded to be singles
Nas is Like was before the bootleg.
I got my copy of the vinyl. Project Windows is not the Bootleg version. It’s the Nastradamus version where they pretty’d it up a bit. The bootleg version was more somber. Still going through it now.

The unreleased joints are mastered CDQ versions. Sony did not just press up the shytty quality bootleg I had in late 98/early 99. :dead:

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Nas is Like was before the bootleg.
I got my copy of the vinyl. Project Windows is not the Bootleg version. It’s the Nastradamus version where they pretty’d it up a bit. The bootleg version was more somber. Still going through it now.

The unreleased joints are mastered CDQ versions. Sony did not just press up the shytty quality bootleg I had in late 98/early 99. :dead:
Would be nice if there was a digital release of this if they are CDQ. It only being on vinyl is bottlenecking the quality.

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Did anyone rip the vinyl release of this to MP3 or whatever?
I actually acquired a rip of the vinyl and have it in FLAC, but honestly the only difference that seems to be here is Hardest Thing To Do Is Stay Alive. There’s a difference in the production, there’s added drops and parts where they take away the drums and it’s a little shorter at the end (Nas doesn’t keep repeating the hook).

Fetus is the one on Lost tapes
Project Windows is the one off Nastradamus

We have access to everything else already in high quality aside from, funny enough the 3 “unreleased tracks” they advertised, Stay Scheemin and Sometimes I Wonder and Hardest thing to do is stay alive. idk about yall but I was never able to secure a higher quality of those until now.

From that rip I’m probably only replacing Stay Scheemin, Sometimes I Wonder and Hardest thing to do is stay alive after a little more in depth comparison on some trusted speakers and headphones.

Last edited:

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
you got the science backwards my guy
It’s a common misconception, but CDQ is actually superior to vinyl. Without going too deep, CD goes up to over 96 decibels of loudness, vinyl caps at like 70 which is why vinyl rips always have lower volume and less bass energy.

Vinyl is also susceptible to hiss, pops and clicks in the recording, CD/digital doesn’t have that and is completely clear. So in essence, the vinyl rip is bottlenecking the quality even though it can possess up to 40khz in information, we only hear up to 20khz.
Any breh willing to pass along the blessing?
And I’m willing, what would be the easiest way?

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It’s a common misconception, but CDQ is actually superior to vinyl. Without going too deep, CD goes up to over 96 decibels of loudness, vinyl caps at like 70 which is why vinyl rips always have lower volume and less bass energy.

Vinyl is also susceptible to clips and pops in the recording, CD/digital doesn’t have that and is completely clear. So in essence, the vinyl rip is bottlenecking the quality even though it can possess up to 40khz in information, we only hear up to 20khz.

And I’m willing, what would be the easiest way?
i don't even know how people pass downloads anymore it's been that long. all good. i'll try and find a rip online.